Guy won't stop calling me Watch

tea.cookies
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
There's this guy who works at a tesco near my house, which I pass everyday to get to work. One day he started following me, kept talking to me and got on the same tube as me so he could continue talking to me. All the while, he was persistently asking for my number. When he followed me on to the tube, I started getting really uncomfortable. I didn't know what to do, so I gave him my number so he would leave me alone. I was honestly worried he'd follow me to work. I regret it so badly.

At the time, I was seeing a guy, but we weren't officially a couple. But, now we are properly together. I've told the the tesco guy to stop talking to me because I have a boyfriend. But he continues to call me every few days. I now never pick up.

Honestly, I'm slightly scared I'm going to run into him again. He works right next to my house, and I pass the shop everyday. When I've already told him, I have a boyfriend, why does he keep calling? He's freaking me out and it's really stressing me out.

How can I get him to leave me alone? He doesn't get the message.

I've now blocked him on whatsapp, but he keeps calling. I'm thinking of blocking his number. And even changing my own number - which I really don't want to.

More than anything, I'm terrified of seeing him outside. Aargh, someone help me.
Ayesha1234
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Aw, have you actually told him to leave you alone explicitly? I wouldn't be polite about it at this stage, just be blunt. If you see him when you're out, avoid him - keep your head down, cross the road or just run (lol).
tea.cookies
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Ayesha1234)
Aw, have you actually told him to leave you alone explicitly? I wouldn't be polite about it at this stage, just be blunt. If you see him when you're out, avoid him - keep your head down, cross the road or just run (lol).
I sent him a text saying I have a boyfriend, so it's best not to talk. I also lied and said my boyfriend gets pissed if I talk to other guys, hoping that would deter him too. But, it hasn't worked.
Ayesha1234
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tea.cookies)
I sent him a text saying I have a boyfriend, so it's best not to talk. I also lied and said my boyfriend gets pissed if I talk to other guys, hoping that would deter him too. But, it hasn't worked.
Block him on your phone and ignore him in real life, even if it's awkward. He'll get the message eventually and leave you alone. You shouldn't have given him your number though! That probably gave him the impression that he has a chance with you if he keeps persisting.
Daniellejo.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't be polite about, just bluntly tell him to piss off and stop calling you.
lizlaz350
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He sounds creepy. Like others said, don't be polite, tell him straight out to leave you alone and just block his number.

Maybe write down when he phones you and stuff so you have a record of it if anything else happens and you have to go to the police?
redferry
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There's this guy who works at a tesco near my house, which I pass everyday to get to work. One day he started following me, kept talking to me and got on the same tube as me so he could continue talking to me. All the while, he was persistently asking for my number. When he followed me on to the tube, I started getting really uncomfortable. I didn't know what to do, so I gave him my number so he would leave me alone. I was honestly worried he'd follow me to work. I regret it so badly.

At the time, I was seeing a guy, but we weren't officially a couple. But, now we are properly together. I've told the the tesco guy to stop talking to me because I have a boyfriend. But he continues to call me every few days. I now never pick up.

Honestly, I'm slightly scared I'm going to run into him again. He works right next to my house, and I pass the shop everyday. When I've already told him, I have a boyfriend, why does he keep calling? He's freaking me out and it's really stressing me out.

I've now blocked him on whatsapp, but he keeps calling. I'm thinking of blocking his number. And even changing my own number - which I really don't want to.

More than anything, I'm terrified of seeing him outside. Aargh, someone help me.
The first step is to explicitly tell him not to contact you, if you haven't already.

If it continues or you have already I'd go to the police.
xDave-
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hmm... Not a good situation, quite scary for you, I imagine.

I would do what others have said and explicitly tell him not to contact you, and then I would get his number blocked.

Is there another way you can walk to work? Avoiding Tesco, perhaps going to a different tube station if that's possible?

I'm not sure what else to suggest really. People have said speaking to the police, but I'm not sure what they'd do at this stage. Have you told your boyfriend or family about this? I'm sure they would want to know.
One Man Band
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Seriously If I were I'd ring him and say the following 'I've told you I have a boyfriend, and I'd really appreciate it if you stopped contacting me in any shape or form. There is never going to be a chance of us dating, so please go and find somebody else. If you don't stop contacting me you will leave me with no alternative but to contact the police.'
Knighted
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sorry but I'm not going to be like everyone else in this thread and support you. Its a fault on both your end and his end. He isn't get the signs and you aren't being blunt enough.

A lot of girls do this under the pretense that they will cause less damage to that individual and to themselves BUT from what you've noticed by now THIS DOESN'T WORK. Here's a list of things to STOP doing:

1) STOP making up excuses like "Oh sorry I can't, I have a boyfriend" as this will just support in his mind that "ah...she does think i'm attractive/does like me but the boyfriend is the one in the way, time to keep contact till he ****s off or perhaps I can get in between".

2) STOP saying bull**** like "My boyfriend doesn't like me talking to other guys" as more and more males turn to "PUA" bull**** they are learning that boyfriends aren't much of an obstacle. PUA literally teaches that "if the boyfriend is insecure, she's gonna be up for it." You made your boyfriend sound insecure about you talking to other boys = he thinks he's got a way in/you think your boyfriend is insecure about him talking to you.

3) ALL of your statements towards him are about other people. Not you, how is he supposed to get the message that YOU'RE not interested when all YOU do is bring up excuses that involve OTHER people.

Basically, he's not going to know YOU'RE not interested till YOU tell him "I AM NOT INTERESTED IN YOU" (especially in an age where society informs us that women love being chased and love playing hard to get) it seems like a harsh/cruel thing to say but it helps both of you in the long run.

If you tell him you're not interested and he keeps going then you have every right to contact the police but currently my advice to you is: Man the **** up.
LightBlueSoldier
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Tell him to **** off. In as blunt a way as you can possibly manage.

Honestly though, it is partially your fault. I wouldn't say you are leading him on but you aren't being honest with him about your feelings nor are you being clear enough about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Starrydog
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Sounds like he's stalking you- you could contact the police to express your concern if you have already explicitly asked to be left alone
cuckoo99
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Tell your BF....If my GF told me the same thing i would sort him out.

Insert:
Name:  2466084-watch_out__we_got_a_badass_over_here_by_deadwoodpete83-d504d72.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  100.5 KB
Tom78
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
so I gave him my number so he would leave me alone.
Pretty **** logic there.
llys
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Send him a text: "I am not interested in you. Leave me alone." Then immediately block or blacklist his number. If he does get around the block in some way, be blunt and consistent - keep repeating "I am not interested in you. Leave me alone." - and do not say anything else! Do not make excuses and do not apologise - it shows weakness which will give him false hope, and anyway it is not your fault he is a nutcase.

Also tell your parents and your boyfriend. If he does not stop, speaking to his manager at work, or to the police, just to scare him off, is another option - you could ask your parents to do that.
x.sham_
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
[QUOTE=tea.cookies;46186891]

if e's scaring you so much you have to change your number ur when going to school get someone to walk to school with you then tell tem about it.

2. Call the police actually that bad don't do bad idea!
TELL SOMEONE ABOUT IT CUZ GOD KNOWS WHAT HE WILL DO
andrew2209
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Make it 100% clear that you're not interested in him. He may just be extremely clueless, but if you've told him you're not interested, and he continues, then take it further.
shaz_95
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
tell him to **** off
Jebedee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Where's the big muscly douchebag boyfriend when you need him eh?

In all honesty why on earth would you give him a real number? Or any at all.
llys
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jebedee)
In all honesty why on earth would you give him a real number? Or any at all.
I agree with you... but to put this in perspective, there are plenty of boys on TSR who tell girls to give random strangers their number on account that they "deserve" it because they plucked up the guts to ask her for it. Girls are quite often labeled arrogant (and worse) on here for not wanting to give their number to strangers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (22)
24.44%
No (68)
75.56%

Watched Threads