Kiara.A
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey! I have applied for Undergraduate Accounting and Finance at BCU, MMU, Wolverhampton, Coventry and Derby. I have got an offer from all of them but Derby. I am just so confused about what to choose as my first choice and insurance from all of them. Its like I come to a decision and ending up rethinking about all my choices! Is there anyone who has studied in any of those uni's and can give me some advice on any of my choices so it makes it easier for me to choose? Thank you so much!
nguyenj
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't know if this would help, but I applied to a courses in BCU and Coventry, so I kind of had a feel of what it's like there as a university.

Personally, I feel that no university is bad, they just have their strengths and weaknesses. And what some people like about them, others would dislike about them. Prioritize what is the most important to you when picking choices. I'm presuming you like all these universities since you applied for them, and since you find it hard to make a decision. Is location the most important? The course? The campus?

I find that BCU is good for creative subjects such as English and Media, whereas Wolverhampton is good for Psychology due to the facilities they have.

BCU, to be honest, doesn't really have a nice campus (especially the Perry Barr campus!), however they are building plans for 2015 where there will be a better campus near millennium point in the future. Coventry on the other hand has a beautiful campus with history and art. Have you seen the cathedral bit there? It's gorgeous!

So my advice would be to visit applicant days for the courses which have accepted you. Take a look around, see what's on offer, and hopefully there should be a sort of like 'open day' that's specific to your course.

Good luck and have fun!

(P.S. When choosing an insurance choice, remember to pick a uni that has lower grades than your firm choice)
Kiara.A
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by nguyenj)
I don't know if this would help, but I applied to a courses in BCU and Coventry, so I kind of had a feel of what it's like there as a university.

Personally, I feel that no university is bad, they just have their strengths and weaknesses. And what some people like about them, others would dislike about them. Prioritize what is the most important to you when picking choices. I'm presuming you like all these universities since you applied for them, and since you find it hard to make a decision. Is location the most important? The course? The campus?

I find that BCU is good for creative subjects such as English and Media, whereas Wolverhampton is good for Psychology due to the facilities they have.

BCU, to be honest, doesn't really have a nice campus (especially the Perry Barr campus!), however they are building plans for 2015 where there will be a better campus near millennium point in the future. Coventry on the other hand has a beautiful campus with history and art. Have you seen the cathedral bit there? It's gorgeous!

So my advice would be to visit applicant days for the courses which have accepted you. Take a look around, see what's on offer, and hopefully there should be a sort of like 'open day' that's specific to your course.

Good luck and have fun!

(P.S. When choosing an insurance choice, remember to pick a uni that has lower grades than your firm choice)
Hey! Thank you so much for replying I have booked my applicants days for all of my universities now just waiting for the day to arrive! For me the course is the most important thing and also somewhere I can enjoy my time while I am there! I haven't yet been to BCU but Coventry's campus is really good! and I LOVED the cathedral bit so much that I posed to take a picture near there lol! I know it may sound weird but the only reason I am confused about my choices is because of people and what they keep on saying about Coventry and BCU and I don't know what they seem to not like? I end up thinking about all my choices again :confused: but I shouldn't be thinking about what people think. Thank you for the help tho! I shall go there and see which one I like. Also, what university did you end up going into in the end? and what for? If you don't mind me asking! PS. I will make sure I choose something lower than my other choices Thank you for replying again ))
nguyenj
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kiara.A)
Hey! Thank you so much for replying I have booked my applicants days for all of my universities now just waiting for the day to arrive! For me the course is the most important thing and also somewhere I can enjoy my time while I am there! I haven't yet been to BCU but Coventry's campus is really good! and I LOVED the cathedral bit so much that I posed to take a picture near there lol! I know it may sound weird but the only reason I am confused about my choices is because of people and what they keep on saying about Coventry and BCU and I don't know what they seem to not like? I end up thinking about all my choices again :confused: but I shouldn't be thinking about what people think. Thank you for the help tho! I shall go there and see which one I like. Also, what university did you end up going into in the end? and what for? If you don't mind me asking! PS. I will make sure I choose something lower than my other choices Thank you for replying again ))
I know what you mean, it's like a lot of people look down at those universities just because they are not the highest in the league tables, or because they are not red-brick universities. It's difficult to pick one when people keep telling you not to go to a certain place because they may have just heard it from someone else whose opinion may be entirely different to yours!

Lol, I'm actually not at university yet but will be this year. I know a bit more info from people who have been to those universities in the past year, and who have recommended them for me. I live in Birmingham, so I like to be closer to home. I've applied to English/Eng Lit, and from what I've seen at those two universities, teachers are so passionate and welcoming and friendly. There's kind of like a homey feel to it, something which I didn't feel at universities such as Birmingham or Aston. (I'm thinking it's because their lecture halls contain a LOT of people and so I feel like I'm just blending in with the crowd as opposed to being seen as an individual). Class in Coventry and Birmingham are much smaller.

I haven't really confirmed a choice yet because I'm not sure about my own options I mean, I've always wanted to go to Keele but there's the issue with how far it is and so on :/

At the end of the day, I would seriously just say pick whichever one you think you will be the most happy. And I know it's hard to decide because you don't know if you're happy until you actually do it, but that's the thing I'm keeping in mind when I'm picking my own choices. Hopefully it'll be a fun and wonderful three years as opposed to three years wasted
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (22)
15.6%
No one else does (49)
34.75%
I'm embarrassed about my background (16)
11.35%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (46)
32.62%
We don't use a video platform (2)
1.42%
I don't have a camera (2)
1.42%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
2.84%

Watched Threads