The Student Room Group

What can i do? I really really like him

Hi guys! Ive posted before about this but oh well!

So basically, i've known this guy for about 6 months know and he's my best guy mate! And i really really really like him! He always teases me (like he has nicknames for me and is really cute mocking) but is serious as well (if you get what i mean) like he mocks me in a funny way but if we talk about something serious, he doesnt joke (In a good way). Anyway there's this girl (my ex-best friend) and whenever she talks to us he always says how he wishes she would butt out of his business and leave her alone and today she asked him if he liked me! he replied... no, he only see's me as a friend! :'( BUT when he told me this he looked me in the eye and i know this sounds weird but it felt like there was something there, like he does like me! He went red :'). the thing with the girl is that this might sound weird but i think he said no so she wouldn't interfere? i may be wrong though! Anyway all my friend and his are like "Omg you'd be such a cute couple" and "i think he like's you!!!!" a lot!

Anywayy i really really really like him (as ive said before) and i really do want to ask him out but...
A.) Im scared im wrong and he doesn't like me back
B.) Im scared he'll say no and it will ruin out friendship
C.) I don't know what to say :/

PLEASE HELP ME! I've never felt this way before about someone <3 xx

Scroll to see replies

i know how you feel I have been through this with a guy and he is now my boyfriend, I say go for it. You have to make a leap and try and ask him out, from all the signs he definitely likes and maybe he wants to ask you out. He wouldn't tell your friend because he is embarrassed. Even if he said no, you could still be friends and it wouldn't ruin your friendship because you are such great friends. It may be awkward for a few months but you will eventually become close again. Tell him how you really feel and let him know that you feel more than friends. :wink: you will regret it if you bottle up your feelings. Overcome your feelings and it will be great. Good luck :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
i know how you feel I have been through this with a guy and he is now my boyfriend, I say go for it. You have to make a leap and try and ask him out, from all the signs he definitely likes and maybe he wants to ask you out. He wouldn't tell your friend because he is embarrassed. Even if he said no, you could still be friends and it wouldn't ruin your friendship because you are such great friends. It may be awkward for a few months but you will eventually become close again. Tell him how you really feel and let him know that you feel more than friends. :wink: you will regret it if you bottle up your feelings. Overcome your feelings and it will be great. Good luck :wink:

Thankyou! Everyone (including most of my friends) is telling me to tell him! I think ill wait a few days and then do it before the end of next week! Thankyou so much! Ive no idea what to say to him though... xx
Say nothing and do anything. He said no. He looked you in the eyes so you knew he was serious and because he felt guilty because his friends probably told him you like him. He went red because he felt awkward and nervous because he doesn't like you but he knows you like him. It's in your head. At the end of the day, if he liked you he would say something. He doesn't so he won't.
Good luck and you'll know what to say when it comes to it!
Reply 5
Tell him, stop wasting your time on a forum asking people for advice on a situation they know nothing about.

Even if he says no, you've saved time, heartache and over-thinking.

Just tell him you like him, you don't want to waste any more time. He'll appreciate it and then you know.

btw never take what a guy says as fact unless you're asking him about you and him DIRECTLY otherwise we just like to be mysterious.

For example if a girl asked me if I liked her friend i'd just say "Yeah she's alright" again and again till they left me alone. If she asked me herself if I liked her I'd tell her I did.
Original post by Harri2648

So basically, i've known this guy for about 6 months know and he's my best guy mate! And i really really really like him! He always teases me (like he has nicknames for me and is really cute mocking) but is serious as well (if you get what i mean) like he mocks me in a funny way but if we talk about something serious, he doesnt joke (In a good way). Anyway there's this girl (my ex-best friend) and whenever she talks to us he always says how he wishes she would butt out of his business and leave her alone and today she asked him if he liked me! he replied... no, he only see's me as a friend! :'( BUT when he told me this he looked me in the eye and i know this sounds weird but it felt like there was something there, like he does like me! He went red :'). the thing with the girl is that this might sound weird but i think he said no so she wouldn't interfere? i may be wrong though! Anyway all my friend and his are like "Omg you'd be such a cute couple" and "i think he like's you!!!!" a lot!

Anywayy i really really really like him (as ive said before) and i really do want to ask him out but...

Tell him. It's the only answer your need.

I

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Knighted
Tell him, stop wasting your time on a forum asking people for advice on a situation they know nothing about.

Even if he says no, you've saved time, heartache and over-thinking.

Just tell him you like him, you don't want to waste any more time. He'll appreciate it and then you know.

btw never take what a guy says as fact unless you're asking him about you and him DIRECTLY otherwise we just like to be mysterious.

For example if a girl asked me if I liked her friend i'd just say "Yeah she's alright" again and again till they left me alone. If she asked me herself if I liked her I'd tell her I did.

Thankyou so much! x
Reply 8
Original post by stephanieuwa
Say nothing and do anything. He said no. He looked you in the eyes so you knew he was serious and because he felt guilty because his friends probably told him you like him. He went red because he felt awkward and nervous because he doesn't like you but he knows you like him. It's in your head. At the end of the day, if he liked you he would say something. He doesn't so he won't.

he doesnt know yet i like him

I really really don't get why people give terrible advice like this. You're inferring meanings from the reported activities of people you don't even know. OP should just tell him straight out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Just grab him and snog him. Oh wait. Nah just tell him. But do be mentally prepared for rejection so that you can get over it reasonably quickly.
Reply 11
Tell him but be prepared for the possibility of losing your friendship. He's probably too shy to make the first move.
Give him your last rolo, it's the deal breaker
Reply 13
Thankyou people! x
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
I really really don't get why people give terrible advice like this. You're inferring meanings from the reported activities of people you don't even know. OP should just tell him straight out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is not bad advice. It's my advice. I'm entitled to my own opinion or did I miss the part where I lost the right to free speech? I can infer my own meanings. I can think what I want. That is what I think. That is my advice. OP can do what she wants with what I said. Like you said I don't know her. But neither do you. So you have no idea what telling him could do to their friendship. So. Hush.
he doesnt know yet i like him

How do you know?
Reply 16
How do you know?

I dont know 100% but idk if you get what i mean but like he has no proper idea!

sorry if that sounds weird x
Reply 17

A: Maybe he does like you; you won't know if you ask.
B: If he's a worthwhile person it won't ruin anything.
C: "I like you" and go from there.

It a lot easier if you don't think about it.
Reply 18
Original post by Tootles
A: Maybe he does like you; you won't know if you ask.
B: If he's a worthwhile person it won't ruin anything.
C: "I like you" and go from there.

It a lot easier if you don't think about it.

Thankyou so much! Its getting easier because i've spoken to him a lot more in the past two days than i usually do! spoken to him more in the past two days than i have in two weeks x thankyouuu x
I dont know 100% but idk if you get what i mean but like he has no proper idea!

sorry if that sounds weird x

Then don't risk it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending