Order 66
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by emr:D)
I'm studying... GCSE art, bio, german, history, RE
Hello!

How are you finding your GCSEs? Out of those you've listed, I only did History. What course are you doing?

Have you taken a look at the GCSE section we have here? You'll find many people there the same age as you who can help you out with almost anything you'll have issues with (course problems, finding revision material, homework help etc).

Here's a link:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=85
emr:D
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm doing NI CCEA courses in 9 subjects, and need to pick 4 for A level soon. I want to do English, RE and maybe history and sociology, but i am worried i won't like sociology as i have never studied it before :/ i don't want to do history and sociology and hate them both :/

(Original post by Paparazzo)
Hello!

How are you finding your GCSEs? Out of those you've listed, I only did History. What course are you doing?

Have you taken a look at the GCSE section we have here? You'll find many people there the same age as you who can help you out with almost anything you'll have issues with (course problems, finding revision material, homework help etc).

Here's a link:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=85
Order 66
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by emr:D)
I'm doing NI CCEA courses in 9 subjects, and need to pick 4 for A level soon. I want to do English, RE and maybe history and sociology, but i am worried i won't like sociology as i have never studied it before :/ i don't want to do history and sociology and hate them both :/
You're from Northern Ireland? That sounds cool.

English and RE sound like good subjects. Maybe you could ask your teachers what the Sociology course is like? After all, they'll be desperate to recruit you to their course! Why do you worry that you'll hate History?

If you need more advice, you could ask in the A-Level section where loads more people (including some who do Sociology, I'm sure) will be able to advise you on what to do.
emr:D
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
History for As sounds fine, but A2 history in Northen Ireland has a lot of stuff to learn I'm worried I'll do sociology and history, not like them both and only be able to drop one :P
(Original post by Paparazzo)
You're from Northern Ireland? That sounds cool.

English and RE sound like good subjects. Maybe you could ask your teachers what the Sociology course is like? After all, they'll be desperate to recruit you to their course! Why do you worry that you'll hate History?

If you need more advice, you could ask in the A-Level section where loads more people (including some who do Sociology, I'm sure) will be able to advise you on what to do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (221)
43.76%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.29%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.72%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
20.99%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.89%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.35%

Watched Threads