emr:D
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Does history get much harder at A2 level???
Bulbasaur
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
To some extent, I'd say so. The level of essay writing expected of you is higher - you're expected to be able to do more things at once basically and to a higher standard.
Rep:
?
Thankyou! I love english, so I would be happy with essays but my school A2 course is Ireland in the 1900s, so there is a lot to cover...do you think doing RE, English and Sociology would mean too man essay subjects??

(Original post by Bulbasaur)
To some extent, I'd say so. The level of essay writing expected of you is higher - you're expected to be able to do more things at once basically and to a higher standard.
~ Aquamarine ~
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Depends on the person and what History course you are doing. I never did GCSE History, so when I started it at AS level I found it very hard to get high marks, especially in the source papers. But by the time I went into the A2 year I found it much easier.
Bulbasaur
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by emr:D)
Thankyou! I love english, so I would be happy with essays but my school A2 course is Ireland in the 1900s, so there is a lot to cover...do you think doing RE, English and Sociology would mean too man essay subjects??
3 is fine - plenty of people do similar combinations. Besides, if history was your 4th AS, which is also essays, it doesn't make much difference
Rep:
?
You don't think universities would care I have no maths/ science? I like bio too but i don't do chemistry for GCSE which teachers have said makes it hard..but I guess it won't matter too much
(Original post by Bulbasaur)
3 is fine - plenty of people do similar combinations. Besides, if history was your 4th AS, which is also essays, it doesn't make much difference
Bulbasaur
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by emr:D)
You don't think universities would care I have no maths/ science? I like bio too but i don't do chemistry for GCSE which teachers have said makes it hard..but I guess it won't matter too much
Only if you're applying to a scientific course or one that requires such subjects. If you're applying for an essay-based degree then it won't matter.
Rep:
?
That makes sense I hope it'll be ok then because I did GCSE history; It was just lots of people were saying it go rreally hard at A2 thanks
(Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~)
Depends on the person and what History course you are doing. I never did GCSE History, so when I started it at AS level I found it very hard to get high marks, especially in the source papers. But by the time I went into the A2 year I found it much easier.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (61)
22.34%
Excited but a bit nervous (124)
45.42%
Not bothered either way (35)
12.82%
I'm really nervous (53)
19.41%

Watched Threads