The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh Law Offers 2014

Hi everyone!

I firmed Edinburgh a little over a month ago for Law and International Relations.:smile: I thought I would start a thread and meet other people who have offers as well!

Scroll to see replies

Hey I've got the same exact offer!

Really love Edinburgh and I want to have it as my firm. Why did you choose Edinburgh?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by paperplane31
Hey I've got the same exact offer!

Really love Edinburgh and I want to have it as my firm. Why did you choose Edinburgh?

Really?! You're the first person I've met that has the same offer as me or even doing a joint degree in law for that matter.

First off, I chose Edinburgh because it offered such an unique joint course. It fit perfectly with what I want to do with my future. None of the other unis i applied offered such a course. Although, I'm now considering reverting to a pure Law or pure IR, but I'm not quite sure about it yet. Second, I really loved the city the more I read about it. I haven't visited yet, but I'll do so next month. Oh and of course Google street view was super helpful :smile:
I've got an offer for the accelerated LLB.
Reply 4
I just got a conditional offer! Couldn't be more happier :smile:
I've got an offer for Law and I plan on firming :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Doc.Daneeka
I've got an offer for the accelerated LLB.

:smile: I knew you were one of the offerholders. Are thinking about firming?

Original post by aiesot
I just got a conditional offer! Couldn't be more happier :smile:

Congrats! :smile: Are you planning on firming?

Original post by euphrosyne
I've got an offer for Law and I plan on firming :biggrin:

You were the other person I knew that has an offer for Law. :smile: I'm just so excited for uni that school is just dragging on. Oh well, just seven more months :biggrin:
Original post by jemi38
You were the other person I knew that has an offer for Law. :smile: I'm just so excited for uni that school is just dragging on. Oh well, just seven more months :biggrin:

I know, I have barely come across any that have offers for Law! I was a bit worried when I got mine, thinking that Law this year was undersubscribed, but then I realised that they probably take forever to give out offers :tongue: Can't wait, I hope these 7 months fly by!
Original post by jemi38
:smile: I knew you were one of the offerholders. Are thinking about firming?

I'm still waiting to hear back from Dundee and Stirling but Glasgow is definitely on my mind.

edit- whoops wrong thread!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
I know, I have barely come across any that have offers for Law! I was a bit worried when I got mine, thinking that Law this year was undersubscribed, but then I realised that they probably take forever to give out offers :tongue: Can't wait, I hope these 7 months fly by!

Yeah I noticed that! My offer letter said something like "We have made this offer on the conditions that you will be classified as an Overseas Student". So, it made me feel like they just wanted my money but then I later found out that they send something like that to everyone. I get done with school in mid-June. What about you?

I'm still waiting to hear back from Dundee and Stirling but Glasgow is definitely on my mind.

Ahh that sounds awesome! :smile: Good luck with everything!

Same here. If they end up dragging on I don't know what I'll do :eek:
Original post by jemi38
Ahh that sounds awesome! :smile: Good luck with everything!

Sorry, got my threads mixed up there when I replied! Edinburgh is my firm choice but it will depend upon whether I can save enough money and get some support from my family to fund it. :smile:
Same here. If they end up dragging on I don't know what I'll do :eek:

I'm slowly killing myself already :lol: I wish I had an unconditional offer, this is causing me too much stress!

I've decided to add a countdown widget that comes up every time I open my laptop just to keep me motivated. 213 days till induction week :rolleyes:
I'm slowly killing myself already :lol: I wish I had an unconditional offer, this is causing me too much stress!

I've decided to add a countdown widget that comes up every time I open my laptop just to keep me motivated. 213 days till induction week :rolleyes:

That sounds an awful lot like a form of torture to me! I have a similar countdown timer although mine is for the amount of time I have to save money :tongue: Maybe I'll start playing the lottery :biggrin:
That sounds an awful lot like a form of torture to me! I have a similar countdown timer although mine is for the amount of time I have to save money :tongue: Maybe I'll start playing the lottery :biggrin:

Believe me, it's horrible! If I suddenly disappear from TSR, there's only one possible reason as to why :rolleyes: Oh dear, good luck with the lottery :tongue: I hope you get the money, Edinburgh is just beautiful.
Believe me, it's horrible! If I suddenly disappear from TSR, there's only one possible reason as to why :rolleyes: Oh dear, good luck with the lottery :tongue: I hope you get the money, Edinburgh is just beautiful.

Yes it is :biggrin: Either way I'll just be happy to be starting a new and hopefully profitable stage in my life.
Reply 15
Original post by jemi38
Congrats! :smile: Are you planning on firming?

Most likely, yeah! I'm still waiting to hear back from my other choices but Edinburgh is definietly the one that I'm going to consider (if I get any other offers) since its my dream Uni :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jemi38
Really?! You're the first person I've met that has the same offer as me or even doing a joint degree in law for that matter.

First off, I chose Edinburgh because it offered such an unique joint course. It fit perfectly with what I want to do with my future. None of the other unis i applied offered such a course. Although, I'm now considering reverting to a pure Law or pure IR, but I'm not quite sure about it yet. Second, I really loved the city the more I read about it. I haven't visited yet, but I'll do so next month. Oh and of course Google street view was super helpful :smile:

I'm having the same dilemma whether to revert to pure Law or pure IR as well :frown: Do you know if reverting is as easy as it sounds? I'm International so I probably won't have a good career prospect post-graduation. Hmmm
Reply 17
Conditional offer for Law, firmed it and met the offer :smile:
My offer was so low though, did everyone get offered BBB?
Reply 18
Original post by GabTR
Conditional offer for Law, firmed it and met the offer :smile:
My offer was so low though, did everyone get offered BBB?

Congrats! My offer is BBBB so its still not too bad, better than AAB :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by paperplane31
I'm having the same dilemma whether to revert to pure Law or pure IR as well :frown: Do you know if reverting is as easy as it sounds? I'm International so I probably won't have a good career prospect post-graduation. Hmmm

I do know that reverting to pure Law is definitely possible as it says so on the website. From what many people have said, I've heard that changing courses is very easy at Edinburgh. Hmm I would probably say that if you want to live here, pure Law would be a great choice. Where are you from?

Quick Reply

Latest