The Student Room Group

Been given a paper extension but not sure I'll make it.

I have a neuropathic medical condition and it worsens with stress. I have had a couple of exams and coursework and haven't really ever felt as bad as now. So I requested an extension for an essay which was supposed to be due last Monday (27th January), my new deadline is this Monday (3rd Feb). I don't think I will make the new deadline as this week I have been feeling really well, on top of seminars and lectures, it has been super hard to finish this. Would it be ridiculous to ask for a tiny bit longer for the essay, considering I have had before the Christmas holidays? I know it is, but I am really struggling here.... (also I heard from a friend today that she had 6 exams so was struggling with the essay when it was due last weekend and the tutor also offered her an extension of one week due to stress...)

What do you guys think?
Email who ever it was that gave you the extension in the first place and ask them, they should be able to let you know there. I did this last term and got another 4 days onto my extension. Just explain, it's not like there is anything to lose by just asking. Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon.
We can't give you a definitive answer at all - you really do need to go and speak to your uni about this.
Reply 3
Thanks, just was wondering whether it would look ridiculous if I had asked for longer when I had already had a week extension. It's just a bit daunting to ask again, anyway I have sent an email but no reply so will just have to get it done for Monday anyway.
Reply 4
Original post by Stephanie_12
Email who ever it was that gave you the extension in the first place and ask them, they should be able to let you know there. I did this last term and got another 4 days onto my extension. Just explain, it's not like there is anything to lose by just asking. Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks just wanted to know if it was possible or whether the uni would think it is completely ridiculous! So I have asked now :smile:
Original post by nottspolitics
Thanks just wanted to know if it was possible or whether the uni would think it is completely ridiculous! So I have asked now :smile:

I had an extension for a batch of course work of several months due to having a bipolar episode, missing most of the year/being a zombie for the rest from meds and I managed to get an extra week on top of that due to having to go away for a funeral. It's not impossible.
Reply 6
Thanks, I've asked but no reply so I'll just have to get it done anyway....

Quick Reply

Latest