gholding
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
At the moment I'm doing my english lit coursework (AQA Spec B), and i've always been a bit rubbish at working at home etc

The general topic for the coursework is comedy, and the plays I'm studying are The Birthday Party by Pinter and The Winters Tale by Shakespeare.

Basically I have no idea what to do, or how to even start them.
I was thinking of focusing on Autolycus and how he creates comedy for the winters tale, and theatre of the absurd for the Pinter play.

Anyway, does anyone have any general advice about how to go about doing coursework? Or anything specific about the plays I'm studying? it would be so helpful as I'm aiming for an A or B this year. Thankyou!!
Charli Baker
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Im also doing the same thing, but the plays are Importance of Being Earnest and Taming of the Shrew.
My whole class set up a group chat on facebook and called it procrastinators anonymous, that was actually helpful bc even though we were doing different titles we could test bits through with each other. We all turned out to be bad at working at home too as most of us were starting the day before our first draft deadline.

The other thing I'm using is to start off writing a plan. Literally go through and write down what each paragraph will be on, one sentence is all eg 'paragraph 1: [this character]', once that's done, leave it, next time you go to work on it, write it slightly more detailed by including what the point is so 'paragraph 1: [this character and how they're clearly a dandy] and then leaving it again, then next time adding how youre linking it to the comic genre 'p1: [this character being a dandy] [comedy of manners and incongruity theory]' and then leaving it again, and just carry on like that, becoming more detailed every time you rewrite it. it barely feels like you're working hard bc you feel like its just planning, and everytime youre just building on work youve already done, but before you know it you've basically got your full essay, it just needs polishing with grammar and spelling etc

hope this helps, good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (4)
7.02%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (4)
7.02%
No, but maybe I will look into it (15)
26.32%
No and I wouldn't consider it (34)
59.65%

Watched Threads