1st year fashion design student and struggling with depressions bad. ;( Watch

gem_x3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have no idea what to I pretty much never go to classes, my first assignment wasn't handed in as I applied for a deferral my second assignment was handed late my third is completed but yet to be handed in and it will a late submission and now I'm on my fourth and i feel like its gonna be a late submission.
I suffer with depression but its so hard to get an appointment for antidepressants since the gp here in Leicester is one where you have to call 8am in the morning to get an appointment but an issue of mine is insomnia hence why i am writing this when its almost 4am.
I have no one to talk too, i'm a loner and i feel like my tutor doesn't really care so i don't think i can ask for an extension. I have been attending classes more regularly this past month but i don't think its enough i need to talk but at the same time i don't like sharing my problems.
I just need to know how to deal with depression ad anxiety cause its ruling my life even though i am trying so hard to focus but i barely sleep and my gp won't give m sleeping pills and majority of my lessons start at 9am which means i'm usually late and really tired in lesson which gives a bad impression.
I used to not care about being a loner, i enjoyed being isolated but seeing how chummy everyone in class sucks and makes me feel lonely but the idea of friends seems impossible.
I just have no idea what to do with my life. ;/
belis
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Would it be an option to change your GP? Surgeries operate different appointment systems and it's often worth traveling a bit further to one that you can actually access.

Does you uni have a counseling service?
Copycats&Acrobats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
try speaking to your tutor. You said you're in leicester, DMU or LU?
I'm at DMU and am applying for a deferral for my third year. I've only got two assignments, my dissertation and three exams to do but I'm been so depressed/stressed/not sleeping and I had an extension on the two essays but they're due tomorrow and I know i'm gonna only have one of them done. I've recently been diagnosed with dyslexia and I've spend the better part of two months on these essays and am nowhere near to completing them both. I'm become so depressed and stressed over it that its affecting my grades. And my tutor suggested that I go for the deferral (but didnt explain that much about it) and I need a doctors note and I'm worried that they wont give me one.
Also, now I'm going to have to explain to my family that I'm not graduating in july, but january if I get the deferral.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (105)
17.65%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
27.39%
Not great so far... (212)
35.63%
I want to drop out! (115)
19.33%

Watched Threads