The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

York or Bristol?

Hello!
I've got offers from York and Bristol to study maths and economics but I can't decide which to choose.
I know that Bristol is a higher in the league tables for maths and economics but york is higher overall. I've visited Bristol and loved it but I've heard great things about York and like the idea of a campus so I can't decide!

Can anyone give me some advice about which one to chose? Which is more internationally recognised/best for future jobs?
Thanks!
Have you actually visited York?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Don't just go on League Tables. Ultimately it comes down to which course interests you more and which Uni you will be happier at. No-one else can make this decision for you. Go back to basics and re-read all the course description stuff including all the optional modules for both Unis. Go to Applicant Days at both if you can or at least look at appropriate videos for each Uni on You Tube and think about the reality of living in each place for three years..

And as far as employers are concerned - a 2.1 or a First from either of these Unis will be well regarded. Despite what school-leavers think, employers don't sift job applications depending on which Uni was one teensy-weensy point above another three years before you graduated. If you get a good degree and have a CV that shows you did more than just a degree (relevant vacation work, internships, voluntary work etc) you'll be fine.
Reply 3
Bristol! I visited York and maybe it was my department but it didn't seem as professional as Bristol somehow, also it is way colder and rainier with less nightlife. But different things matter to different people :') As for jobs and reputation both are great, maybe Bristol has the international edge though as it's been around for longer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending