jtbteddy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello, I know this is gonna be long but someone please help me.

I have received offers from all my choices:
AAA Warwick
AAB Loughborough
A*BB/AAB Sussex
ABB Kent
BBB Oxford Brookes

The Uni I really really want to go to is Warwick. But given my ABC (Business, Maths and Physics respectively) at AS, Ive obviously got to push myself harder and resit a few exams, which I will, but I still need to insure a Uni, which one should I choose?

I personally like Loughborough best out of the other four because the uni offers a LOT of variety in accommodation, AND courses! I love it in that sense. However, there's only a difference of a grade between the requirements of Loughborough and that of Warwick, so it'd be slightly risky if in case I missed both university's requirements! I have heard though, that Loughborough is slightly lenient with the grade requirements, so should I risk it?

My dad says it's better to insurance Kent bcoz he knows more people have been there and all, so he likes it more.

I can't go visit all the universities because I stay in Spain, I can't travel before Summer since I've got to study, and all universities have got open days at different times, so I definitely can't travel so many times.

Oh and I'd like to point out that only Warwick and Loughborough don't accept my Spanish grade, since they consider it my native language. This means that I have much better chances of entering Kent, and Kent also gives a 2,000£ scholarship every year to students who get A*BB, which I'm sure I'll get thanks to Spanish A Level.

Please help me decide, thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
In regards to your original question, I would most definitely insure Loughborough as it potentially has better prospects for your future. Your dad seems to want to keep an eye on you, if you haven't realised.

/thread.
jtbteddy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Abdul-Karim)
In regards to your original question, I would most definitely insure Loughborough as it potentially has better prospects for your future. Your dad seems to want to keep an eye on you, if you haven't realised.

/thread.
I agree, I like it too. But would it be risky insuring a uni that asks only for one grade lower than my firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
shamz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Firm Warwick firm Loughborough insurance. Loughborough is one of those unis that will still take you if you drop a grade ( happened to my friend last year) so it'll likely be aab.

Posted from TSR Mobile
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jtbteddy)
I agree, I like it too. But would it be risky insuring a uni that asks only for one grade lower than my firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends on what you think you're able to achieve and the amount of work you're willing to put in. I've also got offers from both Loughborough and Kent (wanting the same grades as you, although to different courses). My first choice university (Cass Business School) want AAA whereas Loughborough want AAB which I'm firming/insuring in that order. However, I have AAB at AS so it's not quite the same risk. It's quite possible to get from ABC to AAB, although it is essentially down to your own input.
jtbteddy
Rep:
?
(Original post by shamz)
Firm Warwick firm Loughborough insurance. Loughborough is one of those unis that will still take you if you drop a grade ( happened to my friend last year) so it'll likely be aab.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My offer is AAB.. So they should accept me even if I get ABB right? What course did your friend apply for? Its a shame they dont accept my spanish grade:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
jtbteddy
Rep:
?
Depends on what you think you're able to achieve and the amount of work you're willing to put in. I've also got offers from both Loughborough and Kent (wanting the same grades as you, although to different courses). My first choice university (Cass Business School) want AAA whereas Loughborough want AAB which I'm firming/insuring in that order. However, I have AAB at AS so it's not quite the same risk. It's quite possible to get from ABC to AAB, although it is essentially down to your own input.
I think I can get an A on business .. i got an A last year, and Im resitting unit 1.. So I think ill get an A at A2 too
I enjoy Maths. Last year, I got ABC on C1, C2 and S1 respectively. So this year, Im resitting all three modules from last year.. And aiming for an A*.
I like Physics, I got BBD on last years physics units, so im resitting the unit I got a D on, and Im working extra hard on Unit4&5 .. Currently doing 194 questions for it, and Im on the 70th one. My teacher sucks for physics, half the class failed last year, so Ive got to put in a lot of work from my side.
What other unis have you got offers from? Which subjects do you do?
Im trying

Posted from TSR Mobile
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think I can get an A on business .. i got an A last year, and Im resitting unit 1.. So I think ill get an A at A2 too
I enjoy Maths. Last year, I got ABC on C1, C2 and S1 respectively. So this year, Im resitting all three modules from last year.. And aiming for an A*.
I like Physics, I got BBD on last years physics units, so im resitting the unit I got a D on, and Im working extra hard on Unit4&5 .. Currently doing 194 questions for it, and Im on the 70th one. My teacher sucks for physics, half the class failed last year, so Ive got to put in a lot of work from my side.
What other unis have you got offers from? Which subjects do you do?
Im trying

Posted from TSR Mobile
Offers from:

City (Cass) - Investment & Financial Risk Management (AAA)
Loughborough - Banking, Finance & Management (AAB)
Aston - Finance (AAB)
Kent - Accounting & Finance (ABB)
Institute of Finance - Finance, Investment & Risk Management (ABB)

You have a lot to do with all them retakes :eek:. It's just a matter of time Management, I suppose. I go to an under performing school where only 9% of candidates get AAB+ and the average grade is D/C so implementing personal study is pretty much essential.
jtbteddy
Rep:
?
Offers from:

City (Cass) - Investment & Financial Risk Management (AAA)
Loughborough - Banking, Finance & Management (AAB)
Aston - Finance (AAB)
Kent - Accounting & Finance (ABB)
Institute of Finance - Finance, Investment & Risk Management (ABB)

You have a lot to do with all them retakes :eek:. It's just a matter of time Management, I suppose. I go to an under performing school where only 9% of candidates get AAB+ and the average grade is D/C so implementing personal study is pretty much essential.
Risk Management is an amazing course. My business teacher told me she had initially applied for that at Uni.
Aston is brillliant too, I had to choose between Aston and Kent when I applied.. My teacher encouraged me to apply to Kent. I regret it now .. Aston is much better. I was thinking of firming Warwick, insuring Loughborough and if I cant get the grades for both of these, Id apply to Aston through clearing. But what are the chances of entering Aston through clearing?

C1 and C2 are easy modules after doing C3&C4. And I find S1 interesting so it shouldnt be a problem. The Physics unit im repeating is unit 1, which is mostly mechanics, and we did mechanics in maths this year so im okay with it business unit1 is alright too since ive ade notes based on marks scheme, so i just need to memorise these.

Which subjects do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
shamz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
[QUOTE=jtbteddy;46199191]My offer is AAB.. So they should accept me even if I get ABB right? What course did your friend apply for? Its a shame they dont accept my spanish grade:/

They will. Quantitative surveying.
jtbteddy
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=shamz;46199849]
My offer is AAB.. So they should accept me even if I get ABB right? What course did your friend apply for? Its a shame they dont accept my spanish grade:/

They will. Quantitative surveying.
Okay, great. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (136)
14.36%
I'm not sure (42)
4.44%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (285)
30.1%
I have already dropped out (24)
2.53%
I'm not a current university student (460)
48.57%

Watched Threads