Beckyxxx
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Please could someone help me and show me how to answer these four logs questions? Any help is greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!
Attached files
A*A*A*A*
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
I think that this website will explain logs clearly for you :
http://www.examsolutions.net/maths-r...tutorial-1.php
brianeverit
  • Study Helper
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Beckyxxx)
Please could someone help me and show me how to answer these four logs questions? Any help is greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!
They just require you to use the laws of logarithms
i.e. loga+logb=log(ab), loga -logb=log(a/b) and logx^n=n times logx
Beckyxxx
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thank you guys, I'll have another go at them!
Solivagant
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Beckyxxx)
For 8i, and 8ii, use the law nlogx=log(x^n), to remove the multipliers in front of the logs, and then use the other logs laws to make it into one log.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.33%
Okay (64)
29.63%
A bit lacking (81)
37.5%
Not good at all (53)
24.54%

Watched Threads