How many hours of sleep do you get?

Watch
silverdolphin
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So...say it's exam period. IGCSEs, A-levels, IB, you name it. So of course you wanna fit in as much revision time as possible in your busy busy schedule.

How many hours do you reckon you can get away with in order to revise effectively without being tired throughout the day?

And how many hours of sleep do you actually get?

Please comment below!
Mr Tall
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Alevels.

Try to be in bed for 11 and asleep for half 11 then I wake up at 7am.

Any later and I will be tired.
VetMedKid
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm in GCSE's btw
Please note this varies from person to person, it's about trial and error, seeing what works for your body

However, for me I operate best at around 9.5 hours (quite a lot for someone of my age), however I can function on 8 hours sleep, and not feel the need to sleep in class etc - generally I try to sleep by 11pm to get up by 7am, any more is a bonus.

I think what else you do in the day will also affect how much sleep you need, i.e spend the whole day doing nothing but revising (not a good idea for sanity's sake) and you don't need as much sleep as someone who revised most of the day, but went to the gym for an hour or so, you get me?

Hope this helps, let me reiterate that this completely varies from person to person!!
interstitial
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
GCSEs

Around 1:00 to 7:30-7:45

Posted from TSR Mobile
tgwktm
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
A levels at the moment. i can get by with 6 hours a day on week days and i usually get this amount. however every wednesday and ever other thursday i get 9 1/2 hours cause i have a free period in the morning in which i sleep so that helps things out a bit. weekends i sleep for 10 hours+
silverdolphin
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
thanks for the responses! very interesting
swanderfeild
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
A levels at the moment;on the weekends its 3/4:00 to 12:00, normally 1:00 to 5:00 while when its close to exams 2:00 to 4:00. Last one makes me tired for the day but, lots of caffeine and energy drinks work till the weekend.
nocoolusername
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
AS level
I go to sleep at 12- 1 and wake up at 6 30 to 7 50. It ranges on days i start early and days i start late.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
A Levels. I get like 6 hours sleep on a good day. I know that it's not particularly great situation, but I'm coping.
Ben4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I operate best with 13 hours sleep, unfortunately I only get 8-8.30

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1333513
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
GCSE's
I'm ok with 5-6 hours of sleep, less than that and I'll be tired most of the day, I actually need to sort out my sleeping pattern before my exams comes otherwise I'll struggle.
I currently get around 6 hours I think, which is good for me but might be bad for some people haha
Lamptastic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
NOT ENOUGH.

Varies between 4 and 7 hours a night depending on how busy my work/social/volunteering/college life is going.
n_prarthana
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
On a regular school night I go to sleep at around 10:30 and wake up at 6:00 however if I have an exam the next day I go to sleep at around 10 and wake up at 4:00 or 5:00 in the morning so that I can revise as I find it easier to remember the information for the exam when it's fresh in my mind from the morning
JD95
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I always used to get about 6 hours, never did my sleeping pattern affect my performance.

Sometimes I'd sleep 1am-7am, others I'd fall asleep early and wake up at something like 3am because I was knackered and just nodded off in bed and I wake up at that kind of time if I sleep too early.

I found that I felt more refreshed with the second approach even if that was accidental. I used to wake up earlier than I needed to (unintentionally, as I say) and it gave me time to wake up properly, sort some revision out etc.
Lyrical Prodigy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For A-levels? About 10 minutes...If I'm lucky.
YourDeath
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For A2 starting last week ive been sleeping from 11.00 - 6.00 it allows me to do some revision in the morning and if i come home around 4 ill sleep for an hour or so.
Animaz
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Most weekdays I go to bed at about 11.00-11.30 and wake up at about 7.00. I completely destroy my sleeping pattern on the weekends though as I tend to stay up till about 2-3am. I need to try and get into a good sleeping pattern before exams start properly.
Lokiofasgard
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
7/8 but I get lucid dreams pretty much every night so most days I'm a walking zombie.
jessx24601
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
GCSE's I try to sleep for about 8-8:30 hours to make sure that I can think straight and concentrate. If I spend all night revising I instantly forget everything. Moral is if you don't know it the night before, you never will
username1210827
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
GCSE's - I usually get about 6-7 hours of sleep on a good night. I sleep at about 11:30-12 and wake up between 5-6. Last year I was getting about 2-3 hours of sleep a night and it led to a lot of stress and I wouldn't really recommend that for anyone
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (696)
33.89%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (874)
42.55%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
19.08%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed