callumspiller
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello! I am very new on here but I am 17 and doing the last bit of my A2 courses in Music, Chemistry and English and currently hold an offer from Oxford University to study music! very happy to chat to whoever about Music and Chemistry, not so much English however!
Stephan89
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by callumspiller)
Hello! I am very new on here but I am 17 and doing the last bit of my A2 courses in Music, Chemistry and English and currently hold an offer from Oxford University to study music! very happy to chat to whoever about Music and Chemistry, not so much English however!
Hello and welcome to TSR and congratulations on your offer from Oxford.

I'm doing A2 chemistry myself. What's your favourite topic been so far? As complex as it can get, I've really enjoyed organic synthesis. Chemistry is what I've applied for to university.
callumspiller
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stephan89)
Hello and welcome to TSR and congratulations on your offer from Oxford.

I'm doing A2 chemistry myself. What's your favourite topic been so far? As complex as it can get, I've really enjoyed organic synthesis. Chemistry is what I've applied for to university.
Oh I'm a huge fan of all the organic material, but the analysis NMR chromatography etc is fantastic, so much love for chemistry and would have considered doing it at university as well had not my overlying passion for music taken obvious precedence!
Stephan89
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by callumspiller)
Oh I'm a huge fan of all the organic material, but the analysis NMR chromatography etc is fantastic, so much love for chemistry and would have considered doing it at university as well had not my overlying passion for music taken obvious precedence!
I'm still finding my way with understanding NMR traces, but I love seeing what a powerful tool it is to chemists. The same for chromatography, and I'm really looking forward to developing my understanding of these at university.

Do you play any instruments? I'm currently trying to pursue my childhood interest of learning the violin.
callumspiller
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stephan89)
I'm still finding my way with understanding NMR traces, but I love seeing what a powerful tool it is to chemists. The same for chromatography, and I'm really looking forward to developing my understanding of these at university.

Do you play any instruments? I'm currently trying to pursue my childhood interest of learning the violin.
Oh quote a plethora, as it stands, my primary instrument is Bass Clarinet followed by standard clarinet, then piano, guitar, bass guitar and looking to undertake viola when I get to university!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (188)
43.52%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.34%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.64%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
21.06%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.65%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed