kajip00
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi. I am currently in year nine and have to pick my gcse options. I want to be a lawyer when i am older. I have just realised I need history Gcse to be a lawyer. Can i do without it?
If i do it i have to not do geography. Which is better? Is history hard?
Please help!!!!!
Any experiences??
lilixxx1000
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For law it is probably much better to do history, although I don't think unis specifically ask for it.
HPR
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For law history is better but I too did geography gcse and didn't do history. For law neither is required at gcse but I would recommend history for A level and if you want A levels to be easy then do history gcse as the whole structure of essay writing and technique will be familiar and so you will find it a little easier.
However I picked history for A-level and for AS level I got an A, i am currently doing history A2.
I think that history gcse will just allow you to learn the technique/structure of essays and that's about it, everyone else in your class will be like you as you'll all have to learn the a level content whether you have done GCSE history or not.
At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what gcse's you do, (choices are mostly important at a level) I think you should chose the subject you find the easiest and the one you enjoy the most!

best of luck with whatever you decide to pick!
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kajip00)
Hi. I am currently in year nine and have to pick my gcse options. I want to be a lawyer when i am older. I have just realised I need history Gcse to be a lawyer. Can i do without it?
If i do it i have to not do geography. Which is better? Is history hard?
Please help!
Okay, first of all: you do not need history GCSE to be a lawyer. This is nonsense and I would be surprised if more than 50% of lawyers did history at GCSE.

Take whichever you like more. Personally, I preferred Geography and found History a bit more difficult, but both are pretty fun.
kajip00
Rep:
?
(Original post by HPR)
For law history is better but I too did geography gcse and didn't do history. For law neither is required at gcse but I would recommend history for A level and if you want A levels to be easy then do history gcse as the whole structure of essay writing and technique will be familiar and so you will find it a little easier.
However I picked history for A-level and for AS level I got an A, i am currently doing history A2.
I think that history gcse will just allow you to learn the technique/structure of essays and that's about it, everyone else in your class will be like you as you'll all have to learn the a level content whether you have done GCSE history or not.
At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what gcse's you do, (choices are mostly important at a level) I think you should chose the subject you find the easiest and the one you enjoy the most!

best of luck with whatever you decide to pick!
Thank you that was really informative
kajip00
Rep:
?
Anybody else got any experiences or advice?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 12 Dec '19
  • Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?