Are feminists prejudiced against women?

Watch this thread
Tinder
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Feminists often say that women have been regarded as inferior and men as superior. Isn't what they really mean that they regard the traditional female roles as inferior to the traditional male roles?

And by regarding the traditional female roles as inferiors aren't feminists being prejudiced against women's natural or intrinsic properties, and therefore prejudiced against women.
tengentoppa
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
I think they're implying that women are capable of more than just the traditional female role. They're not questioning the value of this role, but stating that women can do more.
hollywoodbudgie
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Feminism is about giving women a choice.

If a woman wants to be a housewife, then so be it so long as that's what she wants and not because it's the only thing she is allowed to do.
awe
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Definitely some more extreme feminists are ignorant in that they would condemn the housewife who simply wants to be the housewife.
But as a whole, no. Most won't find these things inherently inferior themselves, it is simply the trap set upon many women to only see and be available for these roles in society that is the obvious issue.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.18%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.88%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.35%

Watched Threads