Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

girls, how insecure do you feel without makeup? Watch

Announcements

I wish i was as confident as most of you gurls who go out withiut makeup

ReputationRep:
    Just from a male perspective, I find girls without makeup so much more down to earth and are genuinely nicer to be around. Its just that sense of meeting the real you.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo_maths)
    Just from a male perspective, I find girls without makeup so much more down to earth and are genuinely nicer to be around. Its just that sense of meeting the real you.
    Plenty of girls who wear make up can be down to earth too... :sad: make up doesn't mean I'm not the "real me"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When I'm at uni I normally wake up so late before lectures that makeup is the last thing on my mind! And it doesn't bother me in the slightest that I'm not wearing any. I'm up the stables all the time and it surprises me how many people up yards have makeup on. It's a bit silly as whenever I leave there I'm always covered in mud (poo) and couldn't care less!
    I think its only when I'm not in a rush and I actually take a good long look in the mirror at my face that I feel the need to put it on. I wouldn't say I'm insecure without it, because I will happily go to most places without it. Just if I have a spare 10 minutes I feel happier with it!

ReputationRep:
    I think I'd feel more insecure if I wore makeup.

ReputationRep:
    I feel worse if I have done my makeup in a rush and it looks rubbish.Used to spend ages getting reading just for going to the shop when I was younger. Less bothered now but I would be mortified if someone I knew/liked saw me looking rough.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt say I felt insecure without it but I feel better when Im wearing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I rarely wear full on makeup except on special occasions...
    I know how to put make up (mascara, lipstick, blush) on, I'm not used to wearing makeup outside of my house, it just makes me feel uncomfortable.
    Maybe it's just me, but my face looks really unnatural when I use bb cream, I like the presence of skin pores. ^^;

ReputationRep:
    I'm not gonna lie, I'd be so insecure - I like my face with makeup on. I don't mind my face without makeup because it's the only face I've got but I wouldn't be confident and I'd generally not go out without makeup. I know that might seem shallow but thats just me.

ReputationRep:
    I feel fine. I don't bother putting on make up on weekends or when I'm just doing random stuff, like grocery shopping. But if I go out I like to put on a little make up because it does make me feel more confident

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoking)
    You can split this into two camps - the secure and insecure.

The former wear it when is reasonable e.g. a little when going outside, but none if it's a quick dash somewhere, and more for nights out.

The latter either wear it all the time, or never at all, feeling that they need it to look good, or they are so ugly that it won't help them.
    I agree with this, and think make up actually can make people more insecure sometimes. I don't wear make up everyday, but once my former workmates challenged me to start. After a few months of wearing it, I started to hate the way I looked without it and that led to me wearing even more, and a circle began. A few months make up free and now I think that I look pretty good again :cool: my skin isn't perfect, but is anyones?

ReputationRep:
    I surprisingly don't feel insecure without it on. I'm not really bothered about looking good at school and stuff, so I don't really wear it most of the time. But when I do (eg. dinners/parties), I feel pretty damn good with it on. It can make you look so much better :fan:

Edit: The reason why I'm not insecure is because I don't really care what some people at school think of me. Tbh, I lack a lot of confidence in myself, but meh, I've just learnt not to care.

ReputationRep:
    I guess it depends on the situation, sometimes i feel better wearing it and then other times it feel much more comfortable bare faced.

ReputationRep:
    I'd never leave my house without some sort of make up on. It's so frustrating, I wish I'd never started wearing it tbh, I just feel so uncomfortable without any make up on unless I'm just at home or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoking)
    You can split this into two camps - the secure and insecure.

The former wear it when is reasonable e.g. a little when going outside, but none if it's a quick dash somewhere, and more for nights out.

The latter either wear it all the time, or never at all, feeling that they need it to look good, or they are so ugly that it won't help them.
    Not true. I always wear makeup, but not because I'm insecure, more because 1) I enjoy it and 2) to me it's like wearing clothes. I feel naked without it. Not insecure in that I think I look bad, just half done, like going out in your pajamas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by euphrosyne)
    I surprisingly don't feel insecure without it on. I'm not really bothered about looking good at school and stuff, so I don't really wear it most of the time. But when I do (eg. dinners/parties), I feel pretty damn good with it on. It can make you look so much better :fan:

Edit: The reason why I'm not insecure is because I don't really care what some people at school think of me. Tbh, I lack a lot of confidence in myself, but meh, I've just learnt not to care.
    Y u lack confidence?! You're beautiful

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel insecure at all without it. I prefer wearing eye makeup but I don't think I need it to get on with my day. I have never been a fan of full face makeup but I have worn it for special occasions. I do like my eye makeup to make me look more alert and awake but I generally rush out for work and neglect to put it on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    Y u lack confidence?! You're beautiful
    Because there are people in the world who look like you, and who I constantly compare myself against! No, you are beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by euphrosyne)
    Because there are people in the world who look like you, and who I constantly compare myself against! No, you are beautiful.
    You only see the nice photos of me! There are plenty of photos of me derping around, I just hide them :teehee: Seriously I think you're stunningly gorgeous

ReputationRep:
    I feel fine without makeup. I only wear mascara and liquid eyeliner anyway. And only when I can be bothered.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.