Nadine_08
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have been put in a Btec Dance class and I don't want to do it as I didn't choose it. Other classes were given a choice of whether they wanted to do the Btec dance course or just a normal PE course. Girls who were doing long course RE had to choose one of the two but my class didn't get that choice. Of course If I did get the choice I would pick the normal PE course. Dancing is not my thing at all and is also not suitable for me because of my religion. So far, I haven't shown up to any of the assessment performances so I'm obviously on a fail. Everybody in my group of 5 dance group is Muslim and wears a headscarf(including me). They are all African apart from me, so i'm kinda the odd one out. They also would prefer doing sports and not dance but they're not really doing anything about it. I'm the only one who is always in a constant battle with my dance teacher- who is now also my head of year- to take me out of the course. The only other choice she is giving me is to go the boys class, which is also something I don't want to do. My parents spoke to her but nothing is being sorted out since I have to do some sort of PE and can't just be taken out of the course. So now we're just going around in circles. What to do?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university communicated any last minute changes?

Yes, and they were what I was expecting (0)
0%
Yes, and they were not what I was hoping for (0)
0%
Yes, and they don't change my view on attending uni (0)
0%
No, I haven't received any communication (1)
100%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed