The Student Room Group

What happens with your instructor after you pass your test?!

I assume everyone's instructor takes them home, but isn't it awkward?! Did they come into your house? Did you give them a present, if you did where did you put it?! Did you go back into the house and get the present?!
I know it's stupid but I'm scared about this more than anything, arghhh:redface:

Scroll to see replies

This is one of those 'not sure if serious' threads.

If you genuinely mean it, then no, the instructor drops you back to your house, takes a photo of you with the car, holding your test certificate. Then you thank them, shake hands and they leave.
Reply 2
Aww don't worry about it. You could give him or her a little gift but i don't think you should invite him or her in your house as that may be strange for the instructor. If its a little gift u could put it in a pocket or handbag.
Reply 3
Original post by James A

If you genuinely mean it, then no, the instructor drops you back to your house, takes a photo of you with the car, holding your test certificate. Then you thank them, shake hands and they leave.

I genuinely mean it :colondollar:...
also seriously a photo, what for?
Original post by Meeppeep
I genuinely mean it :colondollar:...
also seriously a photo, what for?

Assuming you mean when you passed your test, they take a photo of you with the car and generally put it on their website to show that you have passed.

I misread slightly, but why would they come in your house??
Reply 5
Original post by James A
Assuming you mean when you passed your test, they take a photo of you with the car and generally put it on their website to show that you have passed.

I misread slightly, but why would they come in your house??

I do mean after you pass. My driving instructor said a long time ago, " you don't know this yet but I'm going to come to your house after you pass" she then laughed, so I didn't know of she was being serious. :s-smilie:
I do mean after you pass. My driving instructor said a long time ago, " you don't know this yet but I'm going to come to your house after you pass" she then laughed, so I didn't know of she was being serious. :s-smilie:

I don't know of anyone who had their instructor come to their house after. She probably was joking around with you.

If you're a guy she definitely wants you pumped
Reply 8
I had a 40 minute drive back from where I took my test ahha, but yeah my instructor drove me home. I thanked her and then she left, I didn't get a picture taken though I know some people do take pictures.
I assume everyone's instructor takes them home, but isn't it awkward?! Did they come into your house? Did you give them a present, if you did where did you put it?! Did you go back into the house and get the present?!
I know it's stupid but I'm scared about this more than anything, arghhh:redface:

Usually, they drop you off at home, shake your hand etc, and then leave. Theres no reason for them to come into your house. If you want to give them a small present, then put it in your pocket, handbag etc then if you pass- then give it to them.
Original post by James A

Some instructors do- to put on their website/facebook page, but quite a few (including my old one) dont.
Original post by Pennyarcade
If you're a guy she definitely wants you pumped

:rofl2:

Original post by Emma:-)
Some instructors do- to put on their website/facebook page, but quite a few (including my old one) dont.

Yep, although my photo was taken outside my house, which was awks as all my neighbours must have been looking outta the window. Would have rather had mine taken at the test centre :teehee:
Original post by James A
:rofl2:

Yep, although my photo was taken outside my house, which was awks as all my neighbours must have been looking outta the window. Would have rather had mine taken at the test centre :teehee:

When i read this i had to smile, i had the image of all the neighbours standing outside their houses watching, lol. But i know what you mean about rather having it took outside the test centre.
It's customary to have sex with the instructor upon passing, regardless of both your gender and sexual orientation. Surprised you're not already aware of this...

:lol: Jokes.

My instructor drove me home and praised me all the way for only getting 1 minor, and we were also chatting about insurance. Took a photo next to the car with my certificate, shook hands, "Good working with you mate thanks a lot" "Likewise, text me in a month and let me know how you're getting on and what you're driving". Waved him off, that was it.
Reply 14
Mine drove me home. He shook my hand said goodbye. He had another lesson.

Posted from TSR Mobile
haha this concerned me too. I'm planning on buying my instructor a box of chocs and a thank you card and leaving it in my bag - here's hoping it doesn't jinx it. A week to go!!! (yn)
My instructor gave me a card and a box of chocolates as a congratulations for passing. The chocolates had nuts in though so I gave them to my parents :frown:

I didn't give him anything though. I had already paid him about £600 or whatever (It was a while ago so I can't remember). I just said thanks and shook his hand and stuff.
Nothing, although if the instructor in a MILF I wouldnt hesitate to bend her over the bonnet.
I just said thanks (a big thanks mind you) and got out of the car, I feel really bad now after reading this thread :lol:
I became really good friends with my instructor & we have since kept in touch. I've been round to his house for a chat (mainly to show off my driving skills in the early days after passing, haha, he lives in a village with a lot of tight one-way country roads!), we keep in contact via text, meet up for coffee, did Pass Plus with him. It's really nice actually, he frequently asks me how my driving is going & it's wonderful to know he still cares. When learning he told me I was his favorite pupil & he actually chose me out of every one of his other pupils for his check test too! Got him a box of chocolates & a big thank you card as well. Also friends on Facebook!

I know it seems strange that the 'relationship' didn't end when I got out of his car after he dropped me back home after I passed my test, but I'm happy with things the way they are. ^_^

Quick Reply

Latest