The Student Room Group

Tariff Points question

Hello.

I received an offer from Hertfordshire for sports science for 280 UCAS Tariff points ''This offer is subject to you obtaining A minimum of 280 UCAS Tariff points From a minimum of 2 A Levels or equivalent''

The thing Is that I've done an extra AS in year 10/11 at school. Here's what I've currently attained:

Business Studies AS (Yr 10/11) - B - 50 points
Biology AS -B-50 points
Psychology AS - B- 50 points
Chemistry AS-C- 40 points
Geography AS - C- 40 points

This puts me on 230 points, meaning I'd only need 50 points in A2 to get in. This just seems way too low for me.
Reply 1
Original post by JoeMccarthy
Hello.

I received an offer from Hertfordshire for sports science for 280 UCAS Tariff points ''This offer is subject to you obtaining A minimum of 280 UCAS Tariff points From a minimum of 2 A Levels or equivalent''

The thing Is that I've done an extra AS in year 10/11 at school. Here's what I've currently attained:

Business Studies AS (Yr 10/11) - B - 50 points
Biology AS -B-50 points
Psychology AS - B- 50 points
Chemistry AS-C- 40 points
Geography AS - C- 40 points

This puts me on 230 points, meaning I'd only need 50 points in A2 to get in. This just seems way too low for me.

This is correct, you defenitley only need 50 more points to get in :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Eleni96

The thing is though, when it says 'from a minimum of 2 A levels'

Do they regard an AS as an A-Level? Or when they say A level do they mean the full AS+A2?

Do they regard an AS as an A-Level? Or when they say A level do they mean the full AS+A2?

This.
Reply 4

An AS is regarded as an A level as well, so they don't mind whether your UCAS points have come from AS or A2, as long as you have passed at least 2 of your A levels from your 4 A level options, if this makes sense?
Original post by Eleni96

Original post by Eleni96
An AS is regarded as an A level as well, so they don't mind whether your UCAS points have come from AS or A2, as long as you have passed at least 2 of your A levels from your 4 A level options, if this makes sense?

A level is AS + A2. You need to complete at least 2 A levels to get in.
Reply 6
Original post by Eleni96

Hmmm I'm not too sure
Reply 7
So to clarify, I only need 50 points to get in? That's like EEU?
So to clarify, I only need 50 points to get in? That's like EEU?

Which subjects are you carrying on to A2? You need to complete the A2 for at least 2 subjects and you must have at least 280 points overall.

Even though the offer is quite low for you still try to get the best grades you can, otherwise you may regret it in the furture if you ever want to retrain or something.
Reply 9
Original post by x__justmyluck
Which subjects are you carrying on to A2? You need to complete the A2 for at least 2 subjects and you must have at least 280 points overall.

Even though the offer is quite low for you still try to get the best grades you can, otherwise you may regret it in the furture if you ever want to retrain or something.

I am doing Biology, Psychology and Geography
So you need 190+ points from the subjects you're doing the full A level in, which is CDD or equivalent.

Then you'd have C (80) D (60) D (60) = 200
and 90 from your 2 AS levels

But as I said still try to get the best grades you can.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by x__justmyluck
So you need 190+ points from the subjects you're doing the full A level in, which is CDD or equivalent.

Then you'd have C (80) D (60) D (60) = 200
and 90 from your 2 AS levels

But as I said still try to get the best grades you can.

OK that sounds a lot better, thanks. I got BAB in my mocks so things are looking up.
Reply 12
Say you got a B at AS for 50 points and then got a B at A, would you be on 100 or 150 points?
Say you got a B at AS for 50 points and then got a B at A, would you be on 100 or 150 points?

100 if they are in the same subject.

100. The points only count once.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending