The Student Room Group

Need help choosing a level options!!

I am in URGENT and dire need of guidance! I don't know what to choose for my a level options and the form is due in tomorrow ( I'm shooting myself on the inside for leaving it this late) so I need help ASAP! I hope to study medicine and so far I've chosen 3 subjects-biology, chemistry and maths but I need a fourth and I don't know what to chose. I could either do further maths, physics or English. PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE HELP. Thank youu x
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by tayob
I am in URGENT and dire need of guidance! I don't know what to choose for my a level options and the form is due in tomorrow ( I'm shooting myself on the inside for leaving it this late) so I need help ASAP! I hope to study medicine and so far I've chosen 3 subjects-biology, chemistry and maths but I need a fourth and I don't know what to chose. I could either do further maths, physics or English. PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE HELP. Thank youu x

Which subject do you enjoy most, which are you best at, what unis are you considering? It honestly doesn't matter much what your fourth subject is as long as you're doing bio, chem and maths.
Well, the obvious question is, out of those three, which ones do you like best?
Ultimately, you're the one who is going to have to study it for a year or two.

There are good points to all of them:
-English could be good as it shows that you can cope with an essay based subject.
-Further Maths is also useful to help enhance the skills you obtain in a level maths
-However, Physics could be good at enhancing your knowledge of scientific principles which often overlap between all three sciences.

In short, there is no right answer, it is purely what you feel is best for you.
I hope that helps and good luck with your A level choices!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's entirely up to you but I would pick English to mix things up a little. Play to your strengths and do what you enjoy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Well physics is the science that I find the easiest naturally but I'm not sure I want to do 3 sciences...seems a bit much. I could do further maths but I know that doesn't hold much prominence so I might as well not. I recently started considering economics but I'm a bit nervous as I've heard it's really hard and I don't want something that'll shift my focus from science and biology. I also started considering rs. So I've got physics, further maths, rs, economics for my 4th option which do you think will make the best combination ?
Something like RS might give you a bit of a break from all of the hardcore science and maths stuff. It could also be useful as you cover topics like medical ethics, genetics and animal testing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest