The Student Room Group

Problem with Blushing ?

How can I stop blushing. I wouldnt really say it was much of a problem untill now. When I was 14 growing up and puberty, when I spoke to my crush I would blush and it was noticable. But I grew confidence and it would happen again sometimes in class like when I was flirting with a girl and it all went quite everyone cheered "oooow" lol.

When I was 17 I had another crush and with her I didnt blush at all I was pretty confident, and I went through college and I didnt blush much.

Now im at uni, im ok with girls and guys. But my problem is speaking out in seminars and lectures or if the lecturer asks me a question, I will talk but I can feel my face blushing. Especially if people start to look. I was fine in my presentation. But its just when Im on the spot. Not that many people speak out in lecutres/seminars but I do. One of my lecturers is pretty which makes it a bit awkward. Im not shy its just I dont want my face to go bright red when I speak or ask a question. What can I do ?

Thanks
Reply 1
Fake tan brudah.
Reply 2
…. :facepalm2:

try and be more confident
Reply 3
Use a concealer? Makeup is your only option of you want to hide it...
I go red in the face too sometimes, if someone asks I just say its a blush on/blusher (I lie lol)
I go red all the time aswell eek!My dad used to when he was younger apparently but he has grown out of it.
I go red all the time. I just embrace my very rosy glow.
Original post by IMBCFC
How can I stop blushing. I wouldnt really say it was much of a problem untill now. When I was 14 growing up and puberty, when I spoke to my crush I would blush and it was noticable. But I grew confidence and it would happen again sometimes in class like when I was flirting with a girl and it all went quite everyone cheered "oooow" lol.

When I was 17 I had another crush and with her I didnt blush at all I was pretty confident, and I went through college and I didnt blush much.

Now im at uni, im ok with girls and guys. But my problem is speaking out in seminars and lectures or if the lecturer asks me a question, I will talk but I can feel my face blushing. Especially if people start to look. I was fine in my presentation. But its just when Im on the spot. Not that many people speak out in lecutres/seminars but I do. One of my lecturers is pretty which makes it a bit awkward. Im not shy its just I dont want my face to go bright red when I speak or ask a question. What can I do ?

Thanks

Have exactly the same problem. My face feels like it's melting as soon as I start talking in debates or to the lecturer in front of the class etc. but I am fine talking on a personal basis to girls and boys. As soon as I am aware of it my face does not go down for ages. Most of the time I try and act like I am completely fine with it or try and will myself to blush even more which sometimes stops it.
Tell ppl you have rosacea. Not particularly believable but is a skin condition that makes your face red so could work

Quick Reply

Latest