Want more information about this university?

University of Huddersfield Occupational therapy interview

Watch
ve_1995
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey (:

I have an interview at Huddersfield for Occupational therapy and am really nervous! Just wondering if anyone else has applied for the same course at Huddersfield and have already been to or are going to an interview.
Any tips or advice on what to expect?
I'm more worried about the group task than the individual interview!
nickig
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi,

Just wondering how you got on I have an interview for OT at hudds tomorrow?
maddy96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey! Just wondering if you managed to get on? The interview was a tough one!
University of Huddersfield
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by zahrawgk)
does anyone know what to expect for the interview for OT at Huddersfield?
Hi zahrawgk
How are you?
I'm not sure if you've seen my reply in the other thread so I'll post it here for you as well.
I've had a quick chat with our course tutors for Occupational Therapy, and they have advised me that the interviewers will be looking for you to know about the profession, what this involves and the specialities within it. They will ask you about your own experience and skills, and how it fits in with what is required as a student and Occupational Therapist. They are also looking at how well prepared you are for things like independent study.
I hope this helps. But if you do have any more questions, please just let me know I'm happy to help.
Good luck for your interview!
Speak soon,
Harriette
itsokayitsokayy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by University of Huddersfield)
Hi zahrawgk
How are you?
I'm not sure if you've seen my reply in the other thread so I'll post it here for you as well.
I've had a quick chat with our course tutors for Occupational Therapy, and they have advised me that the interviewers will be looking for you to know about the profession, what this involves and the specialities within it. They will ask you about your own experience and skills, and how it fits in with what is required as a student and Occupational Therapist. They are also looking at how well prepared you are for things like independent study.
I hope this helps. But if you do have any more questions, please just let me know I'm happy to help.
Good luck for your interview!
Speak soon,
Harriette
Hi, I'm trying to apply to occupational therapy as well and I just wanted to know how much work experience I would need for me to be accepted? would it need to be specifically within occupational therapy or could it be with places that could relate to occupational therapy such as an elderly people home? I'm also taking a gap year and wanting to get more experience throughout the year until I go to university could my application still be accepted if I haven't done a lot of experience now, but have some set up later on in the year? Sorry its a lot of questions, but I need some help.
University of Huddersfield
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by itsokayitsokayy)
Hi, I'm trying to apply to occupational therapy as well and I just wanted to know how much work experience I would need for me to be accepted? would it need to be specifically within occupational therapy or could it be with places that could relate to occupational therapy such as an elderly people home? I'm also taking a gap year and wanting to get more experience throughout the year until I go to university could my application still be accepted if I haven't done a lot of experience now, but have some set up later on in the year? Sorry its a lot of questions, but I need some help.
Hi itsokayitsokayy

How are you?

I've spoken with the Occupational Therapy Admissions Team and they've explained that applicants don’t necessarily need to have had work experience within the specific area that they are applying to, although this would certainly help their application. We look for transferable skills such as communication, team work etc. which can be gained in many different settings but direct experience in the specific area is always valuable.

I’m not sure if you're wanting to apply this year and defer your entry to September 2021 or, apply in the next cycle for September 2021?
Either is an option, and completely your choice, but you might feel like you have more experience to draw upon when writing your personal statement/being interviewed (if you're selected) if you gain some experience first.

I hope this helps. But let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
Harriette
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (438)
56.3%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.7%

Watched Threads