The Student Room Group

Help an American pick a Manchester football team :)

Saw the other thread like this and I've got a similar question so why not :biggrin: Manchester City or Manchester United?? (I guess it's an easier choice for Premier League since there's only two :smile: )

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why does it have to be a club from Manchester?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Oldham. It's not even worth considering.

The two PL teams are a bane on humanity.

Bolton have seen better days, though their stadiums nice.

Wigan isn't even a football club. Their owner is also fake and full of hypocrisy.

Oldham have a bird in their crest and friendly with the Germans.

I guess Stockport is another shout. They're quite popular in china.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
If you're so proud of being an American support your own team ffs. Christ almighty.
Reply 4
Original post by Wilfred Little
If you're so proud of being an American support your own team ffs. Christ almighty.

If he's coming to manchester. Why can't he choose a team to follow? Gees.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 419

Please paste where he said he's coming to Manchester.

#ja
Reply 6
Please paste where he said he's coming to Manchester.

#ja

He mentioned it in the other thread. Even said he's copying the other thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 419
He mentioned it in the other thread. Even said he's copying the other thread.

He said he was copying the thread. Mentioned nothing about going to Manchester.

#js
Reply 8
Original post by Stylo92
Why does it have to be a club from Manchester?

I'll be at Manchester University this upcoming fall :smile:

Original post by 419
Oldham. It's not even worth considering.

The two PL teams are a bane on humanity.

Bolton have seen better days, though their stadiums nice.

Wigan isn't even a football club. Their owner is also fake and full of hypocrisy.

Oldham have a bird in their crest and friendly with the Germans.

I guess Stockport is another shout. They're quite popular in china.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oldham or Stockport you say, huh? I guess tickets would be cheap for home games? Why are the two PL teams a bane on humanity? I know Manchester United is kind of gotten a lot of guff about being too obsessed about bottom line :/

Because it has nothing to do with my being proud of being an American? :confused: I'll be an international student and don't think Miami F.C. gets a lot of air time over there.

Original post by 419

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!
Original post by johnh1983
Because it has nothing to do with my being proud of being an American? :confused: I'll be an international student and don't think Miami F.C. gets a lot of air time over there.

So cos your own team doesn't have much limelight you'll support one that does? Hope you can afford £40 a ticket then.

#js
Reply 10
He said he was copying the thread. Mentioned nothing about going to Manchester.

#js

He said he was copying the other thread but for Manchester. So, all the other variables were staying the same except he's changing London to Manchester.

Do they not teach how to extrapolate informations in the midlands? Must everything be spelled out for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Hate both Manchester clubs so wouldn't recommend either tbf.
Reply 12
So cos your own team doesn't have much limelight you'll support one that does? Hope you can afford £40 a ticket then.

#js

No, my own team is non-existent in the UKIt was founded in 2012 has zero air time and it'll probably cost me more than that support it while I'm over there. Why bother coming into this thread to be a douche?
Reply 13
Original post by Stylo92
Hate both Manchester clubs so wouldn't recommend either tbf.

I like Liverpool too but it would be a nasty commute to catch a few games i'd imagine. Which teams do you recommend?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by 419
He said he was copying the other thread but for Manchester. So, all the other variables were staying the same except he's changing London to Manchester.

Do they not teach how to extrapolate informations in the midlands? Must everything be spelled out for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL!!!!!!
Reply 15

#js

Drop it already.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 419

Don't try it. He said he was copying the thread. Don't make me paste the post.

No, my own team is non-existent in the UKIt was founded in 2012 has zero air time and it'll probably cost me more than that support it while I'm over there. Why bother coming into this thread to be a douche?

So what? I wouldn't support the Galaxy if I went to LA.
Reply 17
There's only one club in Manchester and that's Manchester City. United are based in the Greater Manchester borough of Trafford.
Reply 18
I like Liverpool too but it would be a nasty commute to catch a few games i'd imagine. Which teams do you recommend?

Hate them too ha
Original post by 419
Drop it already.

See above.

#js

Quick Reply

Latest