The Student Room Group

Manchester Met offer

I've applied to study History and international politics at Manchester met. I applied after going on an open day and doing lots of research to make sure I was making the right choice... However, I was under the impression i was applying with the requirements being 260-280 points. I had this confirmed on the open day and in the 2014 prospectus but they have made me an offer of ABB, which is the same as my offer for Manchester (Uni of).

Since I messed up in my AS exams (I got BCCD, the D in politics) I really want to be sure I actually get a place at Uni. My lowest offer is now Nortumbria- at 320 points. I can make this up with my C in Geography AS level and my Extended project grade. But I would prefer being in Manchester.

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced anything similair to this offer wise? Im trying to figure out what I'm going to do in terms of firm and insurance choices. Any advise?

Emily
Reply 1
Original post by emilykatehulme
I've applied to study History and international politics at Manchester met. I applied after going on an open day and doing lots of research to make sure I was making the right choice... However, I was under the impression i was applying with the requirements being 260-280 points. I had this confirmed on the open day and in the 2014 prospectus but they have made me an offer of ABB, which is the same as my offer for Manchester (Uni of).

Since I messed up in my AS exams (I got BCCD, the D in politics) I really want to be sure I actually get a place at Uni. My lowest offer is now Nortumbria- at 320 points. I can make this up with my C in Geography AS level and my Extended project grade. But I would prefer being in Manchester.

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced anything similair to this offer wise? Im trying to figure out what I'm going to do in terms of firm and insurance choices. Any advise?

Emily

Manchester Met have obviously recently upped their offer for History because it now says BBB-ABB or 300-320 points on the website, naughty but they are allowed to do it. I would make your firm and insurance two universities you actually want to go to, but if you end up in clearing its not the end of the world. Happened to me, I retook and reapplied and don't regret it one bit.
Reply 2
Ok, Thanks for the advice :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by emilykatehulme
Ok, Thanks for the advice :smile:

No problem. It's bad they confirmed it to you on the open day but regarding prospectuses they are often printed quite a while before hand, before that years entry requirements have been decided.
With a grade range like ABB-BBB or 260-280 points, the lower grade set is usually only offered for 'contextual offers', ie. those applying from a disadvantaged background. The higher grade set will be the Standard Offer for all other applicants.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending