monash07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Someone please help! :confused:

I am currently going through past papers from my Sociology A2 exams in June and I am practising 33 markers but I have no idea how much I need to write to get a high amount of marks (27-33).

Can anyone help or share how much they write, typing and hand-writing?

Thanks!
SeanToBeWild
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Point i.e. make a point about the question you are asking.
Explain i.e. explain the point, defining any key terms, theoretical points and other explanatory details.
Evidence i.e. if you are making a point about hegemony and Marxist theory, bring in theorists who support what you are saying.
Evaluation i.e. whether you agree with it or not - bring in contemporary examples to support what you're saying.
Link i.e. round what you are saying off with relevance to society. Again if you're discussing Marxist perspectives on society, you would make a comment on the relevance of Marxist theory in conclusion to what you are saying.

In terms for length, I'd say at least 40 minutes on a 33 mark question for your unit four paper.
tink15
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SeanToBeWild)
Point i.e. make a point about the question you are asking.
Explain i.e. explain the point, defining any key terms, theoretical points and other explanatory details.
Evidence i.e. if you are making a point about hegemony and Marxist theory, bring in theorists who support what you are saying.
Evaluation i.e. whether you agree with it or not - bring in contemporary examples to support what you're saying.
Link i.e. round what you are saying off with relevance to society. Again if you're discussing Marxist perspectives on society, you would make a comment on the relevance of Marxist theory in conclusion to what you are saying.

In terms for length, I'd say at least 40 minutes on a 33 mark question for your unit four paper.
When do you use PERVERT ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
SeanToBeWild
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by tink15)
When do you use PERVERT ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

PERVERT is methods.
ConnorMcD
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I just recently did a mock exam (just a 33 marker) and in the 50 minutes I wrote 3 full sides of A4 and a paragraph on the 4th side.

It was a fairly broad question: ''Critically Assess the view that Secularisation is only a feature of modern european society (33)''

I got 27/33
Aisha Chaudhry
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi,
Does anyone have the 2013 June
A2 aqa Unit 4 Sociology paper? Or know where I could find it
Words
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SeanToBeWild)
PERVERT is methods.
Can you please explain what PERVERT is/stands for as I've never heard of that before
3mmz
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ConnorMcD)
I just recently did a mock exam (just a 33 marker) and in the 50 minutes I wrote 3 full sides of A4 and a paragraph on the 4th side.

It was a fairly broad question: ''Critically Assess the view that Secularisation is only a feature of modern european society (33)''

I got 27/33
that's quiet a hard question but we haven't done religion lol
we are starting after half term
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (594)
34.02%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (725)
41.52%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (348)
19.93%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.52%

Watched Threads