plants
native American art
conflict
reinterpreting the past
multiple images
using found objects
bird forms
towering structures

so before I pick one have you got any thoughts??
KICHMYARSE
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
what are those? just curious. bird form, what is this?

i dont know much about it. so talk to me like i am a 5.
d.west
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Sorry for the fact its all bunched up, I couldn't figure out how to add breaks in... Broken down the topics are as follows: Plants - Many artists have responded to plants in their work. Look at work from Ando Hiroshaige, Henri Rousseau, Charles Rennie etc. Consider examples and produce work based on your own observations. Native American art - American art is distinctive, birds and animals are key features, produce work that is influenced by patterns, colours, shapes and imagery of native American art. conflict - Goya, Kathe Kollwitz and Paul Nash produced work which reflected the futility and despair associated witgh particular conflincts. Recently artists have produced highly charged and atmospheric photos and videos. Respond in your own way to this theme. Reinterpreting the past - Pablo reinterpreted paintings by diego velazquez and edouard manet. recently artists such as tom hunter and jeff wall have used photography to recreate and reinterpret well-known works of art from the past, respond to this idea. multiple images - medieval and renaissance artists described a sequence of events across a number of panels eadweard Muybridge used multiple photographs to explore that nature of movement Andy Warhol combined multiple screen prints when representing contempary icons develop your own ideas using found objects - artists have incorporated found objects in their work surrealists create unusual provoking combinations of objects jim dine combined painting with objects, recently simon starling carried out intriguing transoformations of found objects produce your own response bird forms - artists use bird forms in many ways from the symbolic to the expressive. examples can be seen In georges braque paintings, constantin brancusis idealised bird in space and in Elisabeth frinks powerful, threatening bird - like sculptures. Consider relevant examples and produce work based on bird forms towering structures - tatlins tower, the empire state building, anish kapoors orbit tower, and the shard are all monuments to human enterprise and endeavour. the shapes, frms, colours, patterns and effects of light on these structures produce a rich source of study and inspiration for artists. Refer to appropriate examples and produce two or three dimensional work based on towering structures. PS Sorry for the spelling mistakes, I'm doing this quickly before lunch ends!!!
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i would personally choose the found object option. the objects can either be combined with other art forms such as photos, paintings etc or they can be used on their own.
helloaron
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hi, i got the exam paper today too. I'm torn between multiple images and found objects, although bird forms sounds quite interesting. my teacher told us not to do native american art because it would be difficult to get primary research
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (10)
6.25%
They've been reasonable (67)
41.88%
Not feeling great... (44)
27.5%
They are TERRIBLE! (39)
24.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise