How to never ever sleep, or at the very least sleep for only 2-4 hours a day?

Watch this thread
Quaintsaintrah
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I hate sleeping. I don't want to spend 1/3 of my life asleep. It's an awful waste of my time. I am convinced that there's a helluva lot of useful things I could be doing with my life were I not sleeping as much as I am right now. I sleep for up to 6-8 hours a day, and FOR ME that's a ****load and is obscenely profligate.

Is there any tried and tested way to reduce one's sleepy time? To adjust one's body clock in order to induce the body to sleep less?

OR alternatively to stop one from FEELING sleepy?
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Sleep deprivation can be harmful. Why fight it?
geoking
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
All you need is meth. Lots and lots of meth.
syrettd
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Just get someone to poke you every time you look like you're falling asleep, and you'll be able to stay awake for the rest of your life! Of course, that life wouldn't be very long- I can't remember exactly, but I think it's something like less than three weeks before sleep deprivation would kill you.
tibbles209
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Sleep deprivation is absolutely dreadful for you. You'll be wasting a lot more of your life if you end up dying prematurely when your body finally can no longer handle the lack of sleep.
dkdeath
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Quaintsaintrah)
I hate sleeping. I don't want to spend 1/3 of my life asleep. It's an awful waste of my time. I am convinced that there's a helluva lot of useful things I could be doing with my life were I not sleeping as much as I am right now. I sleep for up to 6-8 hours a day, and FOR ME that's a ****load and is obscenely profligate.

Is there any tried and tested way to reduce one's sleepy time? To adjust one's body clock in order to induce the body to sleep less?

OR alternatively to stop one from FEELING sleepy?
It's a bad idea not to sleep, ( assuming you don't sleep, you will have more time but for each time unit your efficiency will be much less due to decreased cognitive capabilities). Another function of sleep is to replenish brain glycogen level, strength neural connections (enables learning/ controls memory functions). Without sleep you will have mood swings, hallucinations, weight loss, unable to control your body temprature and finally death (I'm talking about of a month of no sleep). Plus forget things which require constant attention and are safety critical ( i.e driving) with microsleep being a real danger. convinced ?
Alesha1991
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
This sounds like a bad idea. If you deprive yourself of sleep that much you'll be too tired to do anything so you'll end up wasting more time. Plus you're likely to make yourself ill by doing this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.63%
As I expected (23)
30.26%
Harder (28)
36.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.26%

Watched Threads