Madeleine McCann - police close in on suspects - thread for apologies Watch

This discussion is closed.
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Ronove)
The below is not aimed at you (just copying you in).

Do you also believe that the Black Death was caused by Jews poisoning wells? This attitude ****ing disgusts me. How can you be so blind?
I don't understand your attack. I was agreeing with Origami Bullets that Gypsies are frequently falsely targeted for alleged child abductions which turn out on close examination not to have occurred.
Stuckinlove1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lucy96)
Can't help but return now that you've called me a moron. Had you simply stated that you disagreed, I wouldn't have bothered.

I'm entitled to my opinion, as are you. I could easily call you a moron for your opinion, but that's all it is...an opinion. So I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't use such a name as I wouldn't do the same to you. I have reasons for my beliefs, as I'm sure you do too, so let's just leave it at that.

Okay, now I'll leave :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
didn't read
no respect for conspiracy theorists
AdamGeorge
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
Many of the other parents using the restaurant also left their children unattended. This may have been known to staff, which is perhaps how the abductor(s) got onto it, but the resort complex appeared safe to parents there.
It doesn't matter how safe it appeared safe. A nice neighborhood may seem safe but i can bet that people have been robbed stabbed and all manner of things in that nice neighborhood
yo radical one
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Do you also believe that the Black Death was caused by Jews poisoning wells? This attitude ****ing disgusts me. How can you be so blind?
Glad someone else picked up on this, OP isn't a racist at all, but strip away that fact that there is a gypsy site near the area, there just isn't a story, at all.
Ronove
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't understand your attack. I was agreeing with Origami Bullets that Gypsies are frequently falsely targeted for alleged child abductions which turn out on close examination not to have occurred.
What is this, selective memory?

A) You're convinced that this line of investigation will turn up the culprits

and

B) No you did not, you said 'time will tell'.

Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
What is this, selective memory?

A) You're convinced that this line of investigation will turn up the culprits

and

B) No you did not, you said 'time will tell'.

Well, I certainly don't think all gypsies are child abductors. However, if the police are investigating them, there will be reasons, so I was suggesting that we should wait and see what the outcome is before we assume it's just another anti-Romany story.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by yo radical one)
Glad someone else picked up on this, OP isn't a racist at all, but strip away that fact that there is a gypsy site near the area, there just isn't a story, at all.
There are a number of aspects to the investigation, the 'gyspy camp' thing appears to be a new Daily Mail story that I didn't intend to highlight, but as mentioned elsewhere, there are a number of suspects under investigation, including a burglary gang that operated in the area.
AdamGeorge
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well, I certainly don't think all gypsies are child abductors. However, if the police are investigating them, there will be reasons, so I was suggesting that we should wait and see what the outcome is before we assume it's just another anti-Romany story.

But you said that it was definitely them, and if the Daily Mail got it first then it is obviously crap.

If anybody here is being Anti-Romany then it is YOU
yo radical one
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There are a number of aspects to the investigation, the 'gyspy camp' thing appears to be a new Daily Mail story that I didn't intend to highlight, but as mentioned elsewhere, there are a number of suspects under investigation, including a burglary gang that operated in the area.
Even then, other than circumstantial evidence that they were talking a lot after she disappeared and they worked there, there really isn't much to this at all.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by AdamGeorge)
But you said that it was definitely them, and if the Daily Mail got it first then it is obviously crap.

If anybody here is being Anti-Romany then it is YOU
Now you're just making things up. I pointed out that the investigation is now focusing on suspects and so all of those people (are you amongst them? if so, come clean) who accuse the McCanns of being the killers had better start getting their apologies ready.

However, I will remove the DM link and switch it for the Guardian link, which is the same basic story, minus the alleged gypsy involvement.
AdamGeorge
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Now you're just making things up. I pointed out that the investigation is now focusing on suspects and so all of those people (are you amongst them? if so, come clean) who accuse the McCanns of being the killers had better start getting their apologies ready.

However, I will remove the DM link and switch it for the Guardian link, which is the same basic story, minus the alleged gypsy involvement.
Ok, but this is all ALLEGED anyway so why is there a thread about it, asking us all to appologise if we have said anything at all against the McCanns.

alleged gypsy involvement.
You have just stepped on your own foot by saying alleged because you said they had found them
AdamGeorge
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As police move in on suspects in Portugal, the time draws near....

.... for one of the largest apologies in blogging and forum post history.

Who am I talking about?

* All the people who have banged on endlessly about the McCanns being guilty.

* Cast aspersions on their characters, suggested cover-ups, told lie after lie about their conduct and motives.

You may now prepare to post your apologies here! :cool:

Or perhaps you think the Metropolitan Police leading this investigation are all nuts? :rolleyes:

EDIT: I removed a link to a Daily Mail story which contained suggestions that the police are focusing on a possible gypsy involvement; replacing with this link to the story in the Guardian.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...se-police-trio

Stepping on own feet in progress
Tom78
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As police move in on suspects in Portugal, the time draws near....

.... for one of the largest apologies in blogging and forum post history.

Who am I talking about?

* All the people who have banged on endlessly about the McCanns being guilty.

* Cast aspersions on their characters, suggested cover-ups, told lie after lie about their conduct and motives.

You may now prepare to post your apologies here! :cool:

Or perhaps you think the Metropolitan Police leading this investigation are all nuts? :rolleyes:

EDIT: I removed a link to a Daily Mail story which contained suggestions that the police are focusing on a possible gypsy involvement; replacing with this link to the story in the Guardian.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...se-police-trio
Does anyone give a **** anymore it'll probably fall flat anyway.
n00
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I do get irritated when truth is sacrificed to hype and propaganda and when mistakes first promulgated by the tabloids become accepted as mainstream views.
So this thread is just a spot of self-flagulation? :whip:
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by AdamGeorge)
Stepping on own feet in progress
Well, tbf it's often a mistake to trust the Mail as a source. The basic point of the thread is right though.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tom78)
Does anyone give a **** anymore it'll probably fall flat anyway.
I don't think it will this time.
Tom78
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why's that? There's been about 100 different leads and its in and out of the news constantly.
justanotherposter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why? The only reason you seem to believe it is because the media are reporting on it, yet you are criticising people for buying into the idea that the McCanns are guilty, which only gained momentum because most media outlets started reporting on it, do you not see the hypocrisy here? As you said the case was recently taken over by the UK police, how do you know they aren't just going over old leads to check nothing was missed by the Portuguese? There is no evidence that this is going to go anywhere, the media is obsessed with this case and will hype up any developments to keep the story running.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tom78)
Why's that? There's been about 100 different leads and its in and out of the news constantly.
Those didn't involve the direction and on site participation of the Met.
Ronove
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, I think you must have misunderstood my reply to Origami Bullets, do you mind rephrasing or deleting the comment about me believing that Jews caused the Black Death? I am strongly against anti-semitism, so it's quite hurtful to be accused of that. Thanks.
I'm quoting you here to expose your hypocrisy even further in light of the responses you've given in this thread since my last post here.

You views are absolutely anti-Romany and utter hypocrisy in this thread, and you don't even give a **** enough to think about the implications of what you're saying. The fact that you want me to remove my posts to make sure you don't look anti-Semitic, but apparently don't care to realise that it doesn't make you look anti-Semitic, it makes you look something equally as bad (though evidently not in your eyes), sickens me.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (96)
18.86%
Labour (255)
50.1%
Liberal Democrats (67)
13.16%
Green Party (30)
5.89%
Brexit Party (7)
1.38%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.59%
SNP (10)
1.96%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.59%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.18%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)