How difficult is Health and Social Care?

Watch
actorboy1997
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey everyone,

I am in Year 12 and I'm thinking of taking the level 3 extended diploma in Health and Social Care next year as I want to study Child Nursing at university (hopefully Keele).

However, I was wondering how difficult the course is to get grades like D*DD or DDM or DMM?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
222rachelxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How long is an extended diploma
katiiiiie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It isn't that difficult. It is all coursework, and there is lots of information in textbooks and on the internet to use in your coursework (you have to put the information in your own words). Just make sure you don't fall behind as once you fall behind you find it much more difficult to catch up. But other than that, it's pretty easy (in my experience) and you should be fine. Also, on health and social care btec's they usually do placements in health and social care settings to give you experience for things like Uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
KatyRSC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm currently in my last year of doing this course and have a place at keele for nursing, they only need a DDM.
It is very easily done to get the grades you need as long as you keep on top of the coursework, a couple in my class are expected to get a D*DD.
However if you do fall behind in the first few months, as most do including myself, it is possible to catch up and get the grades.
The placements have been invaluable, especially the ones at nursery's.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (61)
29.05%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.14%
No I am happy with my choice (118)
56.19%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (16)
7.62%

Watched Threads