The Student Room Group

IMAT 29th April 2014 - Medicine in Italy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by dordor
has anyone register to milan university via the email ? cause I sent them an email and got no response and I am affraid to loss my place due to it

Hi,

Yeah i have. Received a response just now but i think they will be very busy with other stuff with regarding to asking other questions. (I rang them before the enrollment period and talked to the European Training program as the International Students no. was unavailable. She said that that specific department has a very heavy workload.)

Regarding the response we have to pay by tommorrow :smile:

For Milan if we read more specifically for deadlines for each group (A and B).
Group A - "The MAV has to be paid imperatively within 11 June
2014. The payment of the fee after the established deadline is considered as
withdrawal from enrollment." - Basically i think we have to pay by the Deadline, the rest we have 30th September.
Group B - "Foreign citizens resident abroad have to apply using the proper form that has to be sent by
e-mail to the address [email protected] within 11 June 2014." - Basically i think we have to send the email by the 11th, however not specified whether we would receive the email reply by the 11th June.

I will most probably go Milan in person to hand my documents in (Once my DoV arrives, maybe a month from now.)

<bold> Also i would like to publicly thank Brightregions and Shinwave (both inspiring!) for the invaluable help offered to the users of TSR and i'm sure many others who are just browsing :smile: All of us peeps who were fortunate enough to be offered a place were given so much valuable information (for much i immensely appreciate) that we may not have received elsewhere. We have to remember these guys are still med students with studying, exams etc etc. </bold>

For any Milan students are you getting private accommodation or University accommodation halls?

:smile:
Original post by ultsyn
Hi,

Yeah i have. Received a response just now but i think they will be very busy with other stuff with regarding to asking other questions. (I rang them before the enrollment period and talked to the European Training program as the International Students no. was unavailable. She said that that specific department has a very heavy workload.)

Regarding the response we have to pay by tommorrow :smile:

For Milan if we read more specifically for deadlines for each group (A and B).
Group A - "The MAV has to be paid imperatively within 11 June
2014. The payment of the fee after the established deadline is considered as
withdrawal from enrollment." - Basically i think we have to pay by the Deadline, the rest we have 30th September.
Group B - "Foreign citizens resident abroad have to apply using the proper form that has to be sent by
e-mail to the address [email protected] within 11 June 2014." - Basically i think we have to send the email by the 11th, however not specified whether we would receive the email reply by the 11th June.

I will most probably go Milan in person to hand my documents in (Once my DoV arrives, maybe a month from now.)

<bold> Also i would like to publicly thank Brightregions and Shinwave (both inspiring!) for the invaluable help offered to the users of TSR and i'm sure many others who are just browsing :smile: All of us peeps who were fortunate enough to be offered a place were given so much valuable information (for much i immensely appreciate) that we may not have received elsewhere. We have to remember these guys are still med students with studying, exams etc etc. </bold>

For any Milan students are you getting private accommodation or University accommodation halls?

:smile:

<bold> I also would like to say thank you to those people who helped with all information regarding italian universities. It was extremely helpful! </bold>

I'm a Milan student. I was trying to find any information about University accommodation halls but haven't found anything. Just one that is called "colegio di milano" and they ask to send them a motivation letter and a personal statement what is a little bit weird. Alos it costs 1000 euros and I want to find something cheaper.
Have you heard of any halls in Milan?
What I was thinking about is to live in halls for the first trimester and then rent an appartment near university segrate region) with someone from the course coz for the first 2 years we will bestudying in LITA( laboratory that is outside of Milan).
Reply 662
If any newcomers to the IMAT exam and process would like possible advice, please feel free to pm. I would be more than happy to answer any questions and expand on my experience of the whole process.

Thanks
Ultsyn.
Hi, Im in the same position as you, I haven't found much information on the accommodation even though I went to Milan this weekend to enrol in person. Do you know how to get into halls for the first trimester?
Thanks
Yo everyone.

I will be studying medicine in La Sapienza next academic year.
If you are too, get in touch with me via facebook: "Allan Charles Paul Barnard". We can become bezzies and stuff.

Peace.
hi, new to forum...looking to apply in 2015.
Does anyone know where I could find the minimum entry score in this years IMAT and previous IMATS for the universities?

thanks
Reply 667
For those interested, i created a group for us freshmens in order to get together and exchange ideas about accomodation, uni matters and stuff. Everyone from the Sapienza medicine course is welcome

please join ! https://www.facebook.com/groups/sapienza.medicine/
hi dear. thanks for your great informations. im from iran, and i want to apply for 2015 IMAT exam, but i have some problems, i have studied all of the lessons in persian, is there any books that i can buy and being prepared for this exam?
Hi all,

Myself and a friend have enrolled in Milan and sorted accommodation for the year. It is a nice 3 bedroom flat, short walk to the metro and big rooms. We have a place in one of the bedrooms so If anyone is looking for a place/ knows someone who needs accommodation, let me know or send me a message :smile:
The rent is good and overall a good flat. Thanks!

Calvin
Original post by oreilly96
hi, new to forum...looking to apply in 2015.
Does anyone know where I could find the minimum entry score in this years IMAT and previous IMATS for the universities?

thanks

From a website called, medschool. Its a blog by a current pavia student alex:biggrin:
Hey, just read pretty much the entirety of this thread haha, so making it go full circle by asking.. How do we apply for the IMAT and how do we go about applying for individual schools in Italy?
Reply 672
Hello, I want to ask how we apply to medical school in Italy. Is it done through individual university websites? Do we apply before IMAT examination? Also, do we have to have A-levels completed before applying? Results come out in August 2015 but I want to apply for 2015 entrance. Thanks
Original post by ultsyn
If any newcomers to the IMAT exam and process would like possible advice, please feel free to pm. I would be more than happy to answer any questions and expand on my experience of the whole process.

Thanks
Ultsyn.

Hey, just wondering how to go about application for Medicine in Italy???
IMAT registration for starting in September 2015, will probably start in march next year (more or less). You register on the universitaly website, choose a test center, pick your university choices, pay 120 and sit the test usually in April. You can do the process in the last year of your a levels, like I did.

They don't ask for your grades or anything untill you've gained a place.
Original post by Rhys Chuk
I see :smile: I'm heading in to the uni tomorrow to enrol hopefully.. If everything goes okay getting the code fiscale

Hi Rhys

A little off topic but I would love to know if you can help. I have heard several places that in Europe medical studies have very little hands on clinical work or surgery..surely that cant be true?
Reply 676
Hello, I’m slightly confused and I don’t think this question has been answered. I’m currently an A2-Level student interested in studying Medicine in Italy for 2015 entry. I complete my A2 exams and the results will be published around 15th August 2015. However, I have read on this thread that you are required to have all your documentation/certificates prepared [notiarsie/ apostelle]. It has been stated in this thread that you will have 3 days to reply after you receive IMAT results, which are July/August. What do you recommend I do, thanks allot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending