The Student Room Group

IMAT 29th April 2014 - Medicine in Italy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by farrisraza
Your so lucky, i have to catch cabs n trains all over the country probably going to stay in a b&b go a day before, i don't want to be late for this but god willing gonna smash the exam revising a lot for it :smile:

Yh I hope so. Hw r u revising?
Reply 81
I regret not getting A's in As levels, that means i would have got overall E grades for my A levels and could have sat the Imat and done all this in 1 year

I still think A levels are a farce, A*AAA and still rejected hurts! Can't dwell tho I suppose. So are you sitting the IMAT this year ?
Reply 82
Original post by a-shah
I'm using these Easter holz to revise for it, Its sorta just a level bio and chem and then just practicing loads of problem solving and verbal reasoning questions, so I cnt say I'm feeling confident but fingers crossed it goes well I mean 4890 students around the world doing this test and only 190 places frightens me. Wbu? Wats ur first choice.

4890? I thought the number was roughly 2000. EU applicants anyway. I feel confident, sat the A levels for the sciences and maths so had a good grasp on those questions but the verbal reasoning questions I find tricky so I think I'll focus on those!
Reply 83
Original post by Rhys Chuk
4890? I thought the number was roughly 2000. EU applicants anyway. I feel confident, sat the A levels for the sciences and maths so had a good grasp on those questions but the verbal reasoning questions I find tricky so I think I'll focus on those!

4890 I think is all around the globe, eu and non eu. Yh I think verbal reasoning comes with practice.
Reply 84
Original post by a-shah
Yh I hope so. Hw r u revising?

Just doing the few past papers and i got a Bmat book which has a lot of questions, what about you?
Reply 85
I still think A levels are a farce, A*AAA and still rejected hurts! Can't dwell tho I suppose. So are you sitting the IMAT this year ?

I know how you feel :frown: , i am sitting it this year but not feeling very confident, i know my stuff but i have a feeling that the logical reasoning questions going to **** me up
Reply 86
Just doing the few past papers and i got a Bmat book which has a lot of questions, what about you?

Pretty much the same I Hve the bmat book and I Hve the imat one too, along with past papers
Reply 87
Original post by a-shah
Pretty much the same I Hve the bmat book and I Hve the imat one too, along with past papers

which uni did you apply to?
Reply 88
which uni did you apply to?

Lol. All of em. My first choice is pavia and second Milan and the rest follow on. Wbu?
Reply 89
Original post by a-shah
Lol. All of em. My first choice is pavia and second Milan and the rest follow on. Wbu?

same here haha first choice pavia then milan
Reply 90
Nice to see my competition, i hope you all fail!!! haha goodluck to all
Reply 91
Nice to see my competition, i hope you all fail!!! haha goodluck to all

Lol Hahaha. 70 places , all us on here cud get in. good luck to u too!haha
Reply 92
All notarising and appostilling done in less than a week, haven't sent them off to the consulate yet but I assume that will take a few weeks to come back!

Hello,

If your notary was reasonably priced, could I have please a contact for him and for the appostille you have used, as I find the costs of Public Notaries vary so enormously?

2nd Q: Does one translate & legalise documents before appostille,
or legalize and appostille before translation and DV at the Consulate in London?

With many thanks,
A.B.
Reply 93
Hi,

Does anybody knows of a cheap-ish translator, besides a Notary, please?

Thanks!
Reply 94
Original post by A Barnard
Hello,

If your notary was reasonably priced, could I have please a contact for him and for the appostille you have used, as I find the costs of Public Notaries vary so enormously?

or legalize and appostille before translation and DV at the Consulate in London?

With many thanks,
A.B.

Do we do all this after imat results are out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Original post by A Barnard
Hello,

With many thanks,
A.B.

Cost me £240 for notarising and appostilling with him. Hywel Davies, Bala. You get them notarised and appositilled before sending them for the consulate in London for DV. I wasn't aware you had to translate them
Cost me £240 for notarising and appostilling with him. Hywel Davies, Bala. You get them notarised and appositilled before sending them for the consulate in London for DV. I wasn't aware you had to translate them

No, you don't need to translate them if they're in English.

That price is too high as well. I done the notarising and apostilling for half that cost. You got got the notary public to do the apostille application for you and they love to do so to charge you more.

Everyone should call few notaries and asking for their price first. ***Notarise all your documents as a bundle and not separate documents***. (70-90£ is reasonable)
This way you can apostille them all as one document (30£)
The embassy work is for free.

Kind regards
Reply 97
Original post by a-shah
Lol Hahaha. 70 places , all us on here cud get in. good luck to u too!haha

well on medschool it says 1000 less people are applying this year :biggrin: so its looking good for us
Reply 98
how old are you guys?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending