The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

PGCE Primary - 2014/15

Hello!
Is there anyone else who's got a place on the PGCE Primary course for 2014/15? Would be great to chat to someone about what I can expect, and also if there's anyone out there looking for a house mate too!

:smile:
Reply 1
Hi,

I have my interview on the 26th :smile:

Is there any chance you could tell me what your interview entailed?

Many thanks!!
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi,

You have an introduction session where they talk about the uni and the course, then maths and written test (don't worry the Maths is just basic Maths). Then you have a presentation where you have to take in an artifact which can be pretty much anything, for example, one guy brought in a Harry Potter book, I took in a key. What I did was say was how I would use the key for a lesson and then what age group and why I have chosen it. Blah blah ablah. Finally a 1:1 interview which is fine.

Don't panic you will be fine just prepare concentrate on your presentation mainly and think of answers to questions like:

Why do you want to be a teacher?
Have you every had to overcome barriers to perform a task?
Why this university?
(There are more questions but I cannot for the life of me remember what they are)
Reply 3
I have a place on the course too :smile: scared of having to travel to a primary school in mid-Wales though as Bangor is where I live so would be pretty annoying doing the course at Bangor University but having to travel 2.5hrs to a school for 3 months!
Reply 4
Hi there,

I like that you chose a key, I almost did that but ended up with a wooden spoon! Which age range are you doing? I'm Upper Primary 5-11. There's so much to sort out isn't there... have you started anything from the website yet? I'm trying to tackle student finance atm... I hated it last time but I'd forgotten how much. Which part of the country are you from?
Reply 5
Original post by mr364mads
Hi,

I have my interview on the 26th :smile:

Is there any chance you could tell me what your interview entailed?

Many thanks!!

How did your interview go? :smile:
Reply 6
Hi :smile: I'm going to Canterbury to do Primary Education in September too. Are you doing upper or lower?
Reply 7
Original post by 6tate
Hi :smile: I'm going to Canterbury to do Primary Education in September too. Are you doing upper or lower?

Hello :smile: I'm doing upper, 5-11. Very excited! Have you found a house yet? I still haven't found a housemate, really want to get the house thing sorted. One less thing off our ridiculously long to do list. Where are you from?
Reply 8
Original post by MiriamEbo
Hello :smile: I'm doing upper, 5-11. Very excited! Have you found a house yet? I still haven't found a housemate, really want to get the house thing sorted. One less thing off our ridiculously long to do list. Where are you from?

Ah me too! I only live half an hour away from Canterbury so am living at home for at least the first year. What about you?
Reply 9
Original post by 6tate
Ah me too! I only live half an hour away from Canterbury so am living at home for at least the first year. What about you?

Oh that's lucky. No, I'm going to have to move to Canterbury... trying to find housemates now. Sounds like you're doing the undergrad degree, am I right? :smile:
Reply 10
Hello!
Is there anyone else who's got a place on the PGCE Primary course for 2014/15? Would be great to chat to someone about what I can expect, and also if there's anyone out there looking for a house mate too!

Hi I'm looking for a room to rent in Canterbury and am on the course! Have you got a place or are you about to have an interview? My name's Amy by the way :smile:
Reply 11

Hey I'm doing the same course and am looking for a house too :smile:
Reply 12
Hi, I still have one double room available in a lovely house with 3 PGCE students, all girls. We're looking for specifically a Primary PGCE student. Room is £355 per month and the landlady is lovely. If you're interested please get in touch :smile:
Hi,

I have a place studying the Primary PGCE 5-11 at CCCU in September 2014 too! :smile: do you know if there's a Facebook group or anything? Would love to find other people doing the course! x
Original post by CassieRose1
Hi,

I have a place studying the Primary PGCE 5-11 at CCCU in September 2014 too! :smile: do you know if there's a Facebook group or anything? Would love to find other people doing the course! x

This is the facebook group not sure if it's official one though https://www.facebook.com/groups/cccufreshers14/
Hi,

I am doing the Primary PGCE but alongside School Direct. I don't know how much I'll be in the uni or get to meet other students on the full time course as I'll be in school everyday for the whole year! Would like to meet people doing it though, and I live in Whitstable, so am a local. And there doesn't appear to be a facebook group, in answer to your question!
x
I created a PGCE Primary page if anyone wants to meet others: https://www.facebook.com/groups/244896042369482/ (not official)
Original post by baroccobo
Hi,

I am doing the Primary PGCE but alongside School Direct. I don't know how much I'll be in the uni or get to meet other students on the full time course as I'll be in school everyday for the whole year! Would like to meet people doing it though, and I live in Whitstable, so am a local. And there doesn't appear to be a facebook group, in answer to your question!
x

Hi! I think I'm in Whitstable too. :smile: I made an unofficial group for PGCE students. https://www.facebook.com/groups/244896042369482/ I'm moving from Brighton so don't know the area at all! But we should all try and stay in contact as I imagine it's going to be full on. x
Hi I'm doing a primary PGCE starting in Sep and am looking to sort out accommodation with other PGCE students. I don't know Canterbury at all as I've been at Uni in Loughborough so if anyone has any advice about where to live that would be great :smile: Thanks Georgie x
Reply 19
Hello!

This is my experience just finishing up....(2 weeks left!!!) Job ready for september.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv-zCpFax4I

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending