The Student Room Group

Lads holiday to not so rowdy destination?

Me and two of my mates are looking to go away for two weeks in June. We don't want to go to one of the mega busy party places like Magaluf etc so has anyone got any ideas? We're looking for somewhere with nightlife and plenty to do! We're considering going to Benidorm... If you've been clubbing there then let me know how good it was. Thanks for taking time to help us out.
Reply 1
My mates said Tenerife was good, not as hectic or full of idiots like Malia or Magaluf.
Reply 2
Miami?
Reply 3
Tenerife, Marbella, Benalmedina. Don't go to Benidorm or anywhere like that unless you want to sign up for the steretypical Butlins abroad deal.

Or alternatively, book a hotel at a resort nearby to Magaluf, and just go out whatever nights you choose. First year I went Magaluf we stayed in the next resort along (unknowingly), which is about 15 mintues walk from the strip. It was far enough away to get sleep and be away from 24/7 partying, but at the same time close enough to be a part of it if we wished. Hotel had quite a few youngsters doing the same thing, but at the same time quite a few families staying there. The reputation of places like that is blown out of proportion anyway. It has idiots but no more so than on any night out you'd be on in the UK.
Butlins
Reply 5
Not exactly the first place you'd think of but I suggest Reykjavik. I went last June and the night life over there was brilliant and is often called the best in Europe. The best thing for me was it wasn't overly crowded and the drunks were more friendly than any other place I've been. Drink is expensive though, thats the only drawback.
Reply 6
Hvar in Croatia?
Reply 7
Try Berlin, some amazing clubs there.

Quick Reply