kirsty c b
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I have an essay on EU supremacy and am finding it a little confusing I have started with the doctrines of direct effect but have a blank mind for expansion from here
Katie_p
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's simple really, MSs have transerred sovereignty in certain areas to the EU. For the EU to function properly as a legal order, laws in these areas need to be respected by MSs = EU must be supreme in these areas.
Supremacy can be seen in the legal system by direct applicability, direct and indirect effect and State Liability.

The UK model of supremacy is a bit rubbish because we have no proper constitution and our legal system generally is a bit stupid - the German model was a LOT easier for me to understand the concept.

Law ratifying treaties > EU law > other national law > local law
kirsty c b
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thank you Katie, EU law is not my strong point I really struggle with interest in the topic and grasping the models.

I have an essay question supremacy claim made by CJEU in its caselaw is unsustainable in principle although generally accepted.

I started my essay by identifying the doctrines of direct effect , indirect effect broad and narrow definitions was going to continue with monism and dualism but am not sure i am on the right track?

I am struggling with the structure of this essay I think, feeling a little over whelmed
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (136)
42.37%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (37)
11.53%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.41%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (68)
21.18%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.59%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.92%

Watched Threads