RDB9
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I'm in my final year of a-levels studying Maths, Further Maths and History and I'm interested in a career in accountancy. I've applied to 5 unis and got all 5 offers back and the University of Sheffield has been my first choice throughout. However, I got an unconditional offer from Sheffield Hallam which was going to be my insurance choice. Is there really much difference in the unis, for this course specifically, and what would you suggest that I do?

Also, Is a degree in accounting the best pathway or would you advice taking an alternative route?

Please help as I am struggling at the moment.

Thanks a lot.
Hjonesshefuni
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there I am currently in my final year at the university of sheffield studying the course in accountancy. It is a great course with lots of opportunity, it is different indeed from the Hallam course. The difference is in the title, sheffield university has accounting and financial management, while shef Hallam is only accounting and finance. It too has the opportunity to undertake a placement year the same as sheffield Hallam. If accounting is a career you wish to undertake then I would definitely undertake this course because if you decide not to undertake accounting at the end you still have the opportunity to move into other financial sectors. It creates a great opportunity for you undertake many other modules such as financial management, taxation and auditing through the 3 years studying. It has also just had a fantastic new management school built which is an added bonus. Any more questions about the course feel free to ask me.
RDB9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Hjonesshefuni)
Hi there I am currently in my final year at the university of sheffield studying the course in accountancy. It is a great course with lots of opportunity, it is different indeed from the Hallam course. The difference is in the title, sheffield university has accounting and financial management, while shef Hallam is only accounting and finance. It too has the opportunity to undertake a placement year the same as sheffield Hallam. If accounting is a career you wish to undertake then I would definitely undertake this course because if you decide not to undertake accounting at the end you still have the opportunity to move into other financial sectors. It creates a great opportunity for you undertake many other modules such as financial management, taxation and auditing through the 3 years studying. It has also just had a fantastic new management school built which is an added bonus. Any more questions about the course feel free to ask me.
hi, thanks for replying. I went to an applicant day today at Uni of Sheffield and loved it so I've put it as my firm choice. You were a great help, thanks.
MrGrafter786
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've received a conditional offer for this course to start in September 2014. Does this course offer a placement year?
Hjonesshefuni
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hi, yes you can undertake a placement year after year 2 if you would like but you don't have to, it's optional.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (33)
18.23%
Unconditional if firmed (14)
7.73%
Unconditional if insurance (1)
0.55%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (3)
1.66%
No unconditional offers (130)
71.82%

Watched Threads