"Mr University" - Fitness & Bodybuilding Competition

Watch
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi everyone!

Mr_University have just starting following TSR on Twitter! Have you seen this? I thought you guys might be interested :dumbells:

Mr University is the first and only UK university based fitness competition, a showcase of the most healthy, athletic and fit students that the UK has to offer, hoping to challenge the unhealthy, lazy stereotype that many have of students and whilst celebrating fitness and the drive to live a healthy lifestyle. A natural Bodybuilding or sporting lifestyle has many benefits to one’s health and wellbeing, and for students especially it can positively impact your state of mind, act as a stress reliever, enabling you to better focus on your degree and future.

Men’s Physique
– a bodybuilder/fitness model, a muscular & conditioned physique. Swim shorts above mid-thigh. Interview in sportswear, interview questions regarding training, lifestyle, ambitions.

Men’s Athletic
– a high calibre sportsman, an athletic, well-built physique. Swim shorts above the knee. Interview in sports kit, interview questions regarding their sport.

Women’s Bikini
– a bikini competitor, a toned & conditioned physique. Competition Bikini’s, high heels. Interview in sportswear, interview questions regarding training, lifestyle, ambitions.

Women’s Athletic
– a high calibre sportswoman, an athletic and in shape physique. Regular Bikini’s, high heels. Interview in sports kit, interview questions regarding their sport.

*athletic categories specifically are for individuals registered and playing a university BUCS sport during the 2013/14 academic year

Would any of you enter?

I think it's quite a cool idea..... but I am a little disappointed by it's male dominated focus (i.e. title and imagery) when there are two female categories in the competition... :unimpressed:
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago

I've been told
username1374476
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would consider it. Does the university need to be registered or can you enter as an individual?
AMG44
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Personally, not in shape to compete. The creators of Mr University are really cool guys and I defiantly recommend getting involved.
beast132
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The only pity about these 'natural' bodybuilding competitions is that you can't know who really is natural and who isn't
drewBusby
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Maybe in 2 years time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (79)
27.05%
England (98)
33.56%
Belgium (25)
8.56%
Germany (37)
12.67%
Spain (5)
1.71%