kirsty c b
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I have an essay question..
THe absolute supremacy claim made by CJEU in its caselaw is unsustainable in principle even though it is generally accepted.

I have started with an introduction of the doctrines of direct effect and supremacy , monism and dualism but am feeling somewhat disorientated with my planning. What direction should I be following with this? EU really is not my strong point and it confuses me. any help would be greatly appreciated
Purpular
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The direction you take your essay in will depend on whether or not you agree with the statement. A good essay will construct an ongoing argument rather that discuss both sides equally and conclude at the end. It will probably be better to explore one or two areas in depth than to try and cover everything.

Eg
Introduce the principle of supremacy including the case law it developed in.
Discuss the reasons it was said to be necessary
Is supremacy is unsustainable - how so?
What are the alternatives? How can the EU be supranational if a state can create law that trumps it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.76%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.49%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed