The Student Room Group

AQA Psychology A (PSYA1) - 2014

The exam is a few months away yet, but I thought it would be good just to have a thread for any questions/help e.t.c

Talk Away :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Any started revision yet? What did you get in your mocks, if any?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Itsmonique

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just started revising today, started off with A's, then B's, the C's, now Im on a U, wbu?
Reply 3
Well my teacher has planned revision sessions after school for unit 1. And i got a U in the mock as she marks really harshly. I started to do a few past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I am predicted an A so far, but my teacher has been off a month and we have had no one to cover. What unit is everyone on? Currently I am on the biological psychology most people in my class are trying to self teach the unit, I just have been completing past papers and marking them according to the mark scheme. But there is no substitute for a teacher, is there anything else I can do???
Thanks!

We learnt unit 2 first and now we're doing unit 1, about to start Attachment after half-term.
Need to start revision for unit 1 again! Got an A in the mock so I'm not too worried :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Predicted a c (damn stupid target grades), been getting A's all year but got an e in my mock unfortunately however it was my fault. I've started revising this week properly, how are people revising? At the moment, I'm doing revision cards and exam style questions but is there any other effective ways?
Reply 7
what do people think will come up this year?
Reply 8
Original post by Missgeehughes
Predicted a c (damn stupid target grades), been getting A's all year but got an e in my mock unfortunately however it was my fault. I've started revising this week properly, how are people revising? At the moment, I'm doing revision cards and exam style questions but is there any other effective ways?

i quite like essay plans. i find it helps keeps my mind in order about what is essential and what isn't for the 12 markers/8 markers. maybe lists of each research methods' advantages/disadvantages? :smile:
Reply 9
We started off with unit 1, now we're on unit 2 Stress, finished abnormality. I got a B in my unit 1 mock few marks off of an A.

My college provide us with booklets for each topic, I find writing everything out and highlighting it helps:smile:
For Abnormality, I'm going to make a poster on the 4 approaches to psychopathology (biological, psychodynamic, behavioural and cognitive) with the explanations, treatments and the evaluation :smile:

I find the Social unit quite hard, any ideas on how to revise for this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maddiee_xoxo
For Abnormality, I'm going to make a poster on the 4 approaches to psychopathology (biological, psychodynamic, behavioural and cognitive) with the explanations, treatments and the evaluation :smile:

I find the Social unit quite hard, any ideas on how to revise for this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! for unit 1 we're going to start attachment after the half-term and for unit 2 I've made notes on abnormality and we've almost finished social influence, starting the stress topic in 2 weeks
I'm re-sitting this! Research methods were a bitch last year, so I definitely need help.
Reply 14
Original post by SeanXx
I am predicted an A so far, but my teacher has been off a month and we have had no one to cover. What unit is everyone on? Currently I am on the biological psychology most people in my class are trying to self teach the unit, I just have been completing past papers and marking them according to the mark scheme. But there is no substitute for a teacher, is there anything else I can do???
Thanks!

I'm on biological psychology right now too! We're near enough finished and luckily our teacher is fantastic:biggrin: I'd hate to be in your situation right now, feel free to PM me and I'll send you my revision notes and take photos of the hand outs given to us by our teacher.
I also recommend the AQA Psychology A AS revision guide if you don't already have it, you can find it on amazon. I must warn you it is fairly pricey but I personally think it has most of the things you need to know for the exams in it.
Reply 15

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an A on my mock, our teacher made us start coming after school for revision classes months ago though so its not surprising that we're all pretty much experts on unit 1
Original post by Wood123
I got an A on my mock, our teacher made us start coming after school for revision classes months ago though so its not surprising that we're all pretty much experts on unit 1

Ahh that's great, well done! I got a U for my memory mock ( unit 1) and a B in my abnormality mock (unit 2), so that's a C overall. Luckily we have another chance to redeem ourselves, as we have more mocks at the end of march. We've just started attachment and stress last week and I have a feeling we won't be able to finish it all by the time of the exam season. However, I've started to create mindmaps for unit 2.
Reply 17
Ahh that's great, well done! I got a U for my memory mock ( unit 1) and a B in my abnormality mock (unit 2), so that's a C overall. Luckily we have another chance to redeem ourselves, as we have more mocks at the end of march. We've just started attachment and stress last week and I have a feeling we won't be able to finish it all by the time of the exam season. However, I've started to create mindmaps for unit 2.

Thank you! And ahh I'm sorry to hear about your U but well done on the B:biggrin:
As I've said before, if anyone is worried about gathering notes then just feel free to PM me and I'm happy to help out because we've almost finished!
Hey guys how you finding psya1?
I think someone/OP should make a seperate thread for PSYA2 june 2014 as obviously the exams have different content

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys I have made seperate threads for psya1 & psya2 so I think we should all use them instead so more people can post

PSYA1 : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2636223

PSYA2 : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2636225

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest