dionne1995
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi. So I live in Scotland, and I am 19 years old studying my NC HIGHER health and social care at college, I will be starting me HNC health care in august 2014. The college no longer does hnd in health so im just wondering if I can get into my first year of adult nursing with a hnc if I pass with an A/B? Just worried as I dont have the best grades from school (I have no highers) but I do have english intermediate 2? Also I have my NC intermediate 2 health and social care units and I got a B in my external exam. And ive passed all my units in my nc higher so far and hoping to get a B at least in the exam.. so after my hnc will I meet entry requirements?

Oh and ps. Its UNIVERSITY OF WEST OF SCOTLAND I want to go. Either Paisley or Ayr or I would even go to dundee.
Also looking for other unis that will accept what I will have at the end of my hnc? As I know glasgow cale will laugh in my face if I apply lol.

Thanks guys
angel_delight
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do you have maths, english and a science at standard grade or int 2? With a hnc you should get accepted to do nursing, does your college not do some sort of scheme to apply for nursing? Why do you not think you will get in to cali?
dionne1995
Rep:
?
I have standard grade science but its a grade 3, and I am currently doing higher numeracy just now as one of my units? I have an int 2 in english from school. And have an int 2 numeracy from last year at college. My college does do a course for nursing called access to nursing but you need to be 21 and dont see the point waiting 2 and a half years to get into it if I can get into uni. I got told glasgow cale would be impossible for me to get into with a hnc health care? As I dont have solid highers from school
dionne1995
Rep:
?
Ohh and I have some experience in working in care if that benefits in any way?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (360)
45.45%
No (84)
10.61%
I'm not old enough (348)
43.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed