Aaliyah_R
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
has anyone done the further maths qualification the GSCE standard or the additional, and if so what did you get in gcse and this exam? is it worth it?
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Aaliyah_R)
has anyone done the further maths qualification the GSCE standard or the additional, and if so what did you get in gcse and this exam? is it worth it?
I did AQA's Further Maths and I got an A* in Maths and an A^ (A* with distinction) in Further Maths. I don't really know what you mean by "Is it worth it". If you found Maths easy and you're finished with it, sure why not. It's not exactly going to make or break your UCAS application though.
Aaliyah_R
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chlorophile)
I did AQA's Further Maths and I got an A* in Maths and an A^ (A* with distinction) in Further Maths. I don't really know what you mean by "Is it worth it". If you found Maths easy and you're finished with it, sure why not. It's not exactly going to make or break your UCAS application though.
thanks, but I meant, is it worth it like I don't want to get mostly higher grades and then one E or something, like it will really stand out in application forms. but thanks anyway
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Aaliyah_R)
thanks, but I meant, is it worth it like I don't want to get mostly higher grades and then one E or something, like it will really stand out in application forms. but thanks anyway
What application forms? If you've got the grade and you're applying to a sixth form, possibly if you're applying for maths. If we're talking about Unis, no.
Aaliyah_R
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chlorophile)
What application forms? If you've got the grade and you're applying to a sixth form, possibly if you're applying for maths. If we're talking about Unis, no.
yh I meant the sixth form applications, but its cool I've sorted it out thank
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (13)
6.63%
They might tell the bully (20)
10.2%
I don't think they'd understand (33)
16.84%
It might lead to more bullying (71)
36.22%
There's nothing they could do (59)
30.1%

Watched Threads