Pgde Secondary English Glasgow 2014

Watch
Tn6
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone on here has been accepted to Glasgow uni for secondary English PGDE? I did my interview the 10th of January and heard back last week. Super excited!
hippygirl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey thats great you got accepted, i've been accepted for glasgow too but to do pgde art im really excited too! do you live in glasgow already?
Hcoops
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm going to Glasgow to do the secondary English PGDE too! See you there
Thatswhatshesaid
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi everyone, I have an interview for PGDE English at glasgow next week and am super nervous as I was unsuccessful at interview for both strathclyde and uws, can anyone give me any pointers? Emma
hippygirl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Thatswhatshesaid)
Hi everyone, I have an interview for PGDE English at glasgow next week and am super nervous as I was unsuccessful at interview for both strathclyde and uws, can anyone give me any pointers? Emma
Hey Emma, I got rejected from edin and from Strathclyde. For me personally Glasgow was my first choice the one I really wanted to get into and the interview was so much better! I guess it depends on who interviews you but the interview seemed a lot more personal and it was easier to be myself. Don't let your rejections get you down because you never know all the unis have different things they look out for. Just put those nerves into a good place and use them in your interview. I think the group interview is your time to show them how you can work with others and then bam the one on one is your time to shine and just show your passion! Hope I've helped a wee bit, let me know how you get on

Posted from TSR Mobile
hippygirl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thatswhatshesaid
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks for the advice, Glasgow was my first choice and was rejected before interview, after I was unsuccessful at strathclyde I was able to use my "apply 2" and thankfully Glasgow was still open so I applied again and this time they accepted me? It's strange but I'm not complaining! I guess I'm worried about the written task, and in my strathclyde interview I felt they didn't ask me anything about ME it was all about literature and what techniques I would use to deliver a lesson. I'm worried the same will happen at glasgow and want to find a way of speaking about myself if they don't necessarily ask! If that makes any sense! Anyway thank you for your advice, hopefully it is a success! Emma
Roarz
Report 6 years ago
Hey!

Gutted I only found this thread now. I'm due to start my PGDE in English in August too. Pretty nervous about starting, but I think it'll be interesting at least.

How're you guys feeling about it?
Thatswhatshesaid
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey I just found out last night I was accepted, so excited! I was rejected from UWS and strathclyde so I am really happy I got into glasgow because it was my first choice!
hippygirl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Roarz)
Hey!

Gutted I only found this thread now. I'm due to start my PGDE in English in August too. Pretty nervous about starting, but I think it'll be interesting at least.

How're you guys feeling about it?
Hey I just found out last night I was accepted, so excited! I was rejected from UWS and strathclyde so I am really happy I got into glasgow because it was my first choice!
Congrats you guys its a great feeling isn't it!? There is a fb group too for us pgde lot and a few people doing English on it. Still haven't found any art people yet though! I'm sorry that I can't seem to paste the link for the group but I'm sure with a bit of googling it won't be difficult to find :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (606)
33.85%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (749)
41.84%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (355)
19.83%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed