The Student Room Group

Holding Hands in public. What's your opinion on this??

I like holding (interlocking fingers) hands with my boyfriend when we walk together no matter where. He loves it.
My best friend dislikes handholding and says only clingy guys do it.

What do you think??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

I love it (I'm a guy)
I love it :smile: Not sure why, though. It's kinda weird when you think about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by climbing_trees88
I love it (I'm a guy)

Yeah, I personally think it's great. Well.. I use to think it was weird until I met a guy who loved it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a guy and I love it
Reply 5
****ing hate it. If you're blocking up the path while holding hands you should be launched into the road.
Original post by Genocidal
****ing hate it. If you're blocking up the path while holding hands you should be launched into the road.

Probably because your single
Reply 7
Original post by connorfrench96
Probably because your single

More like I don't appreciate two idiots walking slowly and forcing you to have to walk in the road to get past them.
We've gone past holding hands now, I just walk around with one finger inserted now.
I love handholding

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I like it.
More like I don't appreciate two idiots walking slowly and forcing you to have to walk in the road to get past them.

not all are walking slowly and you could tell them to move, you don't have to walk in the road.

personally I think it's sweet and I do like it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I usually like it, as does my boyfriend. However sometimes, especially when it's a crowded place, my boyfriend starts feeling quite claustrophobic and hates holding hands but that's fine.

This! Most of them don't realise how annoying it is, especially on narrow sidewalks. You confront them and they say you're jealous because you're single. **** that and them too.
This is going to sound weird or adorable, not sure which. We don't hold hands, I wrap my fingers around his little finger. Hmm. He has big bear paw hands though.
Original post by donutaud15
not all are walking slowly and you could tell them to move, you don't have to walk in the road.

personally I think it's sweet and I do like it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I shouldn't have to ask. It's inconsiderate that I even have to ask in the first place. The pavement is for the general public. It's not for couples to act like it's their own personal space. It's called basic consideration for the wider public who shouldn't have to ask to pass because a couple has decided to make things difficult for everybody else for no good reason.
Reply 16
Original post by JennaEmBee
This is going to sound weird or adorable, not sure which. We don't hold hands, I wrap my fingers around his little finger. Hmm. He has big bear paw hands though.

You two back together??
Original post by james1211
You two back together??

Yes :smile: we sorted out our issues. He needed a kick up the butt to realise how serious I was about something. Happy days now though.
Reply 18
Original post by JennaEmBee
Yes :smile: we sorted out our issues. He needed a kick up the butt to realise how serious I was about something. Happy days now though.

Ah i'm glad to hear that :smile:
Reply 19
I shouldn't have to ask. It's inconsiderate that I even have to ask in the first place. The pavement is for the general public. It's not for couples to act like it's their own personal space. It's called basic consideration for the wider public who shouldn't have to ask to pass because a couple has decided to make things difficult for everybody else for no good reason.

This is more than just couples to be fair. Most of the general public is just crap at walking at any speed, or getting out of the way.

OP; my girlfriend and I do this, although it does make overtaking people walking a bit awkward at times.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending