The Student Room Group

Parents seperated?

If my parents are divorced who do I put down for household income? I live between both houses but what do I do to prove that I live at one address for my student finance? Please help
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by becciepearson
If my parents are divorced who do I put down for household income? I live between both houses but what do I do to prove that I live at one address for my student finance? Please help

SFE will come along and give you the official line later on, but I never found a satisfactory answer to this one - the system isn't set up for awkward cases like you and I! In the absence of spending a clear majority of time at one house rather than the other, I basically just had to pick one where I lived for all administrative purposes (everything from bank account to EMA (when that existed) to hospital records). This also happened to be the parent with the lower income (though by the time I came to apply for SF, it didn't make any difference). I don't remember SF questioning it tbh.
HI there,

You should provide the details of the parent you live with most. You parent will have to provide evidence of single status.

Thanks
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
HI there,

You should provide the details of the parent you live with most. You parent will have to provide evidence of single status.

Thanks

Hi Mark,

If you split your time equally between the two, which parent do provide the details of? I've never been able to get a proper answer to this one.

OB

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending