Msc International Business and Msc Management

Watch
Noodlle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Have 2 offers for that programs. Not decided what is really suitable for me, can anyone help?

My aim is to become a professional manager, to take a managerial position in a large respected company, and my dream always was to set up my own business! So would it be suitable for me to study International Business? Does it provide general management skills and knowledge of organisations? Would it help me to set up my own company? Msc in management looks really nice whith important subjects like Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Creation, Operations and Supply Chain Management and others and it also has International Business Theory module! However, International Business Msc program does not contain that subjects, but also seems to be really interesting and is known as really god and respected course. SO would it be helpful for me in real life if I, for example, would not start working in a multi-national company and want to set up my own?
University of Leeds
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi, thanks for your question! I think you've already been in touch with our business school through LinkedIn and Facebook, but I've posted a response from the Business School below:

"The International Business course offers a range of subjects, all of which would be useful for a career in Business, but all coming with an international outlook! Optional modules include innovation, which may be interesting to you should you wish to become an entrepreneur. I suggest having a look at the available modules for both programmes, reading in detail about what they offer, and making a decision based on which courses you think will be most suitable for your chosen career path. Modules on China/Emerging Markets are optional - there is also a European Business module.. There's no hiding away from the fact that the BRIC countries are mentioned in many modules, but I think given the current worldwide situation they are a crucial part of your learning. Furthermore you will study practical modules in Economics and Statistics in the first semester, in semester 2 you will consolidate your knowledge with Marketing and Strategy."

I hope that's useful, if you have any other questions, please let me know

Best wishes

Amanda
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (28)
26.92%
No (76)
73.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise