The Student Room Group

Have I spent too much on my girlfriend for Valentine's Day?

Hi all,

I have bought my girlfriend an ice watch, Disney slippers and brushed cotton sheets for Valentine's. At the time when I bought the gifts just after Xmas, I had more spare cash than now. I'm naturally a generous personality, but regretting my spending decisions. Now I'm saving every last penny for my summer holiday.

I'm cooking a dinner for us as well, so buying the food will cost me more money :/. I'm going to make homemade burgers and sweet potato wedges.

Thank in advance for your opinions and advice,

Fengpo
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
How much did you spend in total and how long have you been together?
Reply 2
Amount spent is incredibly related to how much you have floating about, what other demands you have on your money, and the comments machop made. If you've been together some time, it doesn't sound like you've bought that much though.
Shame those are very bad gifts
Reply 4
Money will come and go, this I promise. The question you should instead ask, is it the right person*? It sounds like it is, for which I add. Just enjoy the moment, it will all be repaid.

*(I don't mean the 'One' just someone you enjoy)
If you are already questioning if you have spent too much on the person then you probably have.
Reply 6
I personally wouldn't buy or expect that much from a partner. It really depends on the couple though, we can't really answer without knowing you as a friend. Ask a friend?
Reply 7
Thanks for the replies, to answer everyones questions. We have been together 5 months, I have spent £70 on the gifts.

It's probably just me, doubting my decisions as I think she's worth it haha. My mate thought I was spending a fair amount, but I'm not taking her out for a meal. So I will save there.

To answer Dominic101, I wouldn't expect you to think they're nice gifts. They're things she wants and as a piss poor student can't afford.
Reply 8
How old are you bro?
Reply 9
Original post by -bill-
How old are you bro?

Reply 10
Buy her a Fredo,

They're like 20p now, so she should be grateful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Scott.
Buy her a Fredo,

They're like 20p now, so she should be grateful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha if I could find a Fredo sold individually I would.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending