tgwktm
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I was wondering because I have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) would i qualify for some sort of support under DSA. IBS can make me feel really ill somedays and i have regular medication which i am worried about how i would fund that. it can also effect my concentration as it can make me feel tired sometimes too.
thanks for any help
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Hi there,

The Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA) can help towards additional costs you may face as a result of your disability, e.g. long term health/mental-health condition or a specific learning difficulty. The DSA will be in addition to the student finance package; it is non repayable and does not depend on the household income, but will depend on your Study Needs Assessment. The study needs assessment will be carried out by your university or college and will hep us determine the support you need to carry out your studies.

We will look at your individual needs in relation to your studies along with your personal circumstances.

Eligibility

• Are on a full-time or part-time undergraduate course including Open University and other distance-learning courses; or
• Are on an eligible full-time or part- time postgraduate course including Open University and other distance-learning courses; and
• Have a disability, long-term health condition, mental-health condition or a specific learning difficulty which affects their ability to study

Students may be eligible if they have any of the following*:

• A mental-health condition, such as anxiety or depression
• A specific learning difficulty, such as dyslexia or dyspraxia
• A developmental disorder, such as autism, ADHD/ADD
• A long-term health condition or progressive medical condition such as Multiple Sclerosis, Cancer or HIV
• A sensory impairment which could affect the ability to see or hear
* Other conditions not mentioned on the above may also be covered by Disabled Sudents' Allowance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.46%
Okay (114)
29.16%
A bit lacking (148)
37.85%
Not good at all (92)
23.53%

Watched Threads