Charlottelou23
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Getting confused identifying the principle of law relevant to this scenario:

Without going into detail.... A notorious criminal- A - wants his money back from B and C,
A pulls up and gets out of his car, B gets scared and stabs him with a sharp object she found. Both B and C get into the car and drive off (C drove).

I'm fine with B, but what is the issue for C? Is this considered aiding and abetting, procuring, is he even liable?

Any help would be appreciated,
Cheers
Jakaroo94
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Charlottelou23)
Getting confused identifying the principle of law relevant to this scenario:

Without going into detail.... A notorious criminal- A - wants his money back from B and C,
A pulls up and gets out of his car, B gets scared and stabs him with a sharp object she found. Both B and C get into the car and drive off (C drove).

I'm fine with B, but what is the issue for C? Is this considered aiding and abetting, procuring, is he even liable?

Any help would be appreciated,
Cheers
Section 65 - 4 Criminal Law Act 1977: "Whosoever shall aid, abet, counsel, or procure the commission of any indictable offence, whether the same be an offence at common law or by virtue of any Act passed or to be passed, shall be liable to be tried, indicted, and punished as a principal offender. "

But C didn't really do any of those things and just being there isn't a crime as in R v Coney.

But then, section 12 -1 of the Theft Act 1968 says: "Subject to subsections (5) and (6) below, a person shall be guilty of an offence if, without having the consent of the owner or other lawful authority, he takes any conveyance for his own or another’s use or, knowing that any conveyance has been taken without such authority, drives it or allows himself to be carried in or on it."

Hope that helps a tiny bit
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.3%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.43%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.99%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.37%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.91%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.84%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.89%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.26%

Watched Threads