The Student Room Group

Short story challenge!

The challenge: write a short story, of no more than 200 words, that includes all of the above titles. Go go go!

This is mine, if you're interested...

Spoiler

Oil be back.
Original post by Jalal Uddin
Oil be back.

You better be :wink:
Reply 3
Susan loved reading. Her favorite books were The Body in the Library by HE Bates, A Room of One's Own by Agatha Christie, The Pursuit of Love by Virginia Woolf and Country Life by Nancy Mitford. When she grew bored of reading she would draw rude pictures of ladies and men in the margins of her book.
When even that paled she would change the spelling of the titles. Her favorite jest was to remove the letters o, r and y from Ms Mitford's title.
One day her friend Nigel came to tea. Afterwards they went up to Susan's room with a packet of Fig Rolls. Susan showed Nigel her four special paperbacks. Nigel knew that Susan had done something very, very naughty. He asked her what the words meant. Susan explained carefully. Soon Nigel wanted to change some of the titles himself. Susan decided to select some different books for him to practice on. The Count of Monte Cristo did not take long. Neither did Moby Dick. Madame Bovary underwent a small excision.
Susan was very impressed by Nigel's grasp of the technique. Next she showed him the rude drawings. Nigel suggested politely that her attempts at rendering the male form were flawed. For the rest of the afternoon he was kind enough to model for her.
Original post by the bear
x

:rofl: I love this! PRSOM :Y
Reply 5
Original post by StarvingAutist
:rofl: I love this! PRSOM :Y

hehehe i think i went slightly over the 200 words :frown: :frown: :spank:
Original post by the bear
hehehe i think i went slightly over the 200 words :frown: :frown: :spank:

218 words, tut tut tut. Not acceptable :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest