adamali
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi, I'm midway through my controlled assessments so far ive achieved A*, top B/ low A, and i want to get an A in gcse eng language, any advice?My next ones on friday about spoken language? could i get an A?
jessx24601
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I really enjoyed the spoken language study, I got an A*, I would say when picking people to study choose very different people and ages so that you can compare e.g. a child, a friend and an older person you respect. This way you can talk about how your language changes when talking to different people, is it downwards convergence, upward divergence etc.. Also record any pauses or emphasised words and talk about whether the pause seems awkward or natural. Good luck
digbee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
With your spoken language you need to focus on the way that the speaker addresses the audience and how you can tell what their attitude is through their speech. Make sure you are picking up on the speech features BUT only if they are relevant to your actual question. Write as much as you can and make sure you remember spelling and grammar, correct punctuation use and some advanced vocab.
The Reuben
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey, I normally do really well in English Language controlled assessments, I've got two A's and an A*, the thing is, the spoken language study coming up in a week or so for me isn't actually about spoken language, it's on social attitudes toward texting, has anybody got any tips on that? Or should I just treat it like spoken language, simply it's texting as opposed to speech?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (217)
74.57%
No (74)
25.43%

Watched Threads